Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Yellow Widebody
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Till this day never seen another yellow supra. So please add any pics of your YELLOW supras trying to get new ideas for color combos.
20200505_174320.jpg

·
Registered
1995 Yellow Widebody
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like to keep and use my off season tires and seats for casual rides unless I'm going to a show or major event. Just pulled the cover and went for a ride. Definitely needs a serious car wash

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not a fan of yellow in general, but your color looks better to me than the Brazilian car. They kinda went after the Honda ITR yellow. Yours looks like it has a little more red/orange in it. Interested in seeing pics of your car with the proper wheels on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, blast from the way past. Me with my first Supra in 2001. I loved yellow in real life, not so much in pictures. Needed lowering springs, got those at a later date. Money was tight back then!

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
97 HARD TOP
965 Posts
Guy here in colorado springs that has a yellow resprayed one that won't sell it and that it has been sitting for at least 5 years that i know about. I'll see if I can get a picture of it for you

·
Registered
1995 Yellow Widebody
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, blast from the way past. Me with my first Supra in 2001. I loved yellow in real life, not so much in pictures. Needed lowering springs, got those at a later date. Money was tight back then!

I notice that in with some supra pics. They look way better in person and pics do not do it justice. Nice ride

·
Registered
1995 Yellow Widebody
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guy here in colorado springs that has a yellow resprayed one that won't sell it and that it has been sitting for at least 5 years that i know about. I'll see if I can get a picture of it for you
Thanks currently looking to find some new rims that would catch my eye. Been looking for a long while

·
Registered
84 Posts
The owner won't sell, or the vehicle is having trouble selling? I would be so excited to live vicariously in my youth.

·
97 HARD TOP
965 Posts
I know of 3 local mkivs that been sitting for years and years and the owners wont even consider selling

·
Registered
1995 Yellow Widebody
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe they r just planning on keeping the cars within the family. These cars may be considered survivors soon. I let mine sit from time to time since it has low miles

·
Registered
30 Posts

I’m pretty sure this is my car. It was painted black when I got though. You could still see the yellow behind the door panels when I bought it 10 years ago.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My Brother and I saw it on eBay about 4 years later(2010) selling in LA.
So, if you pull the CarFax and it has Henderson, Nevada; Austin, Texas and Louisiana; then could be!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Was yellow ever offered as a factory color on any Supra? Digging deep into the memory archives, and I really don't think it was...

Personally I think I could only do yellow on something mid engined. Ferrari, Honda Beat, Lamborghini, that sort of thing. I mean, not like you're being subtle in any way with those sorts of cars, so why not? To each their own though. :)

I do recall a rather beautiful yellow Mk2 at SIV about 2014 / 2015, had a similarly quality condition red Mk2 there that year as well, called it the "ketchup and mustard" cars.

·
iSPOOL
1,315 Posts
Was yellow ever offered as a factory color on any Supra? Digging deep into the memory archives, and I really don't think it was...

Personally I think I could only do yellow on something mid engined. Ferrari, Honda Beat, Lamborghini, that sort of thing. I mean, not like you're being subtle in any way with those sorts of cars, so why not? To each their own though. :)

I do recall a rather beautiful yellow Mk2 at SIV about 2014 / 2015, had a similarly quality condition red Mk2 there that year as well, called it the "ketchup and mustard" cars.
It looks like Super Bright Yellow (576) was offered on JDM model 1998+ Supras. It looks pretty nice since its a bit different from the norm without looking too flashy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yellow was not offered in the States. Mine was a Mr2 code from the mid 90s. It looked great on the lines of the Supra, not too dark like the one on the MKV. Mine was originally black.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It looks like Super Bright Yellow (576) was offered on JDM model 1998+ Supras. It looks pretty nice since its a bit different from the norm without looking too flashy.
Well I'll be... I learned something today, thanks Shady! Yellow does seem to be a color that was kinda big in the late 90's. Ferrari, Viper, Honda, Corvette (pretty much all of GM's cars that come to mind), Mustang, there were a lot of different yellows back then, now that I think about it. Suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the Supra had it as an option, even if it wasn't available here.

·
97 HARD TOP
965 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts