Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
For Sale
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so this summer i replaced my 7mgte with a jdm 7mgte, and at the time i had the head and block machined for a mhg, with the arp studs. well, after i put my new engine in, it overheats, kinda. the temp gauge says its between halfway and the red, and sometimes the overflow bottle overflows. car runs great though, there is heat, but there is the typical waterfall noise, ive burped it several times, on incline. any suggestions?

thanks guys,
jason

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
you've got a leak somewhere. Check all of the hoses and hoseclamps -- check the heater core. If you come up with nothing, do a block test and see if that mhg isn't sealing

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
To eliminate the waterfall, buy a FRAM fill kit. It comes with a tee that you permanantly add into the highest heater hose. Start your car with the heater on and radiator cap off, connect the garden hose to the tee, turn the water on slowly, when water comes out of the radiator neck, put the cap on, then turn the water off and disconnect the hose and make sure it's topped off. The tee has a screw on cap. Should be fully air free at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts