Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes My MK3 Is For Sale. Tons of Mods. 450 miles on built motor

Yes Believe It or not my mk3 is for sale. I spent the last 2 ½ years building the car and the motor. The entire motor and performance parts only have 450 miles on them, so everything you see is basically brand new. The engine runs immaculate, there are absolutely no problems with it. Ive owned this car for 4 years. Im am selling the car because I have slowly lost interest in it. Dont flame me but I plan on picking up a new Lexus IS in the near future, so unfortunately she needs to go. Even though I am selling the supra, I will still be here on the forums. The car just spends all its time in the garage and is barely driven. Car is tuned and holds a solid 11.5 a/f under WOT. It moves nicely at the 15 psi I have been running it at.

Car Specs

1990 turbo, targa, 5 spd.

Transmission: R154.

Exterior Color: Black Mica

Interior Color: Grey

105k miles on the body and ONLY 450 miles on new motor and performance parts.

I am the second owner.

Engine (Only 450 miles on everything)

Started with a JDM engine that I bought specifically to use for a rebuild. It did this so that I would have a perfect crank to worth with, and a head and block that had never been surfaced before.

Ross Forged Pistons w/ Ross racing rings @ .005 ring gap.

Cometic 2mm MHG

ARP Head Studs

ARP Main Studs

ARP Rod Bolts

Race prepped stock rods

New Genuine Toyota overhaul gasket and seal set

New OEM engine wiring harness

New OEM oil pump

New OEM main and rod bearing set

New OEM main water bypass pipe

Every single oil and water hose on the motor is brand new from Toyota

New OEM motor mounts

Stainless steel 3rd valve cover

Machine work for longblock

Extensive powdercoating

New o2 sensor with adapter

Brand new battery and starter cables and ground wires

Hot tank and Bead blasting for all engine parts

Flywheel and exhaust manifold surfacing

New OEM new fuel pump bracket and lines for tank, new fuel filter, and fuel filter banjo line

Ngk plug wires

New timing belt and tensioner

Brand new alternator

New Belts

New water pump

MUCH more that I cant remember at the moment

Transmission

Stock r154 w/ spec stage 3 clutch, and redline mt-90 oil

Engine Performance parts (all have 300 miles on them)

SP61GT turbo w/ oil line kit

Custom aluminum intake pipe w/ filter

Custom 2 ¾ inch aluminum intercooler piping with 24x12x3 Intercooler.

HKS ssqv BOV -

Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator with custom -6an braided fuel lines. FPD removed, and J-tube, and walbro 255 pump.

BIC downpipe

Blitz Nurspec catback exhaust (only 2000 miles)

Lucas 550cc injectors w/ clips

Custom -6an loop line for stock turbo water ports

Spec stage 3 clutch

B&M oil cooler w/ custom mounted, w/ lines.

Suspension

Eibach springs w/ kyb struts all around.

Cusco rear strut bar replica

Ebay front strut bar

Electronics and Tuning

MAFTPRO w/ speed density

PLX m-300 wideband

Autometer sport comp electric oil pressure gauge

Autometer sport comp electric water temp gauge

Autometer sport comp boost gauge

Autometer voltmeter gauge

Exterior

Greddy Gracer replica front bumper

Bomex whale tail replica

New front front mud flap/panel

Misc maintenance and parts:

- New front brake lines

- brand new wheel bearings all 4 corners

- new inner tie rods

- new driveshaft carrier bearing

- ton of other stock parts replaced that I cant think of at the moment.

Interior

Reverse glow black face gauge covers

Aftermarket Gauges (listed above in “electronics and tuning”)

Grey cloth seats out of an 88’

Pioneer cd head unit

New leather e-brake boot

Aftermarket shift knob

new center console cover skin

no back seats

What needs attention:

The front bumper and whale tail are in black Gel Coat and will need paint. But look ok as they are. There is also a small rust spot on on of the rear quarter panels(pictured below). the blitz nurspec exhaust has a small ding on the muffler tip(pictured) Also I believe the front brake rotors are warped. ALso there are the common miscellaneous dings that you would find any 16 yeard old car. Besides those issues the car runs like a dream.

I have calculated a total of OVER $16,000 total invested including the $3,000 I originally bought the car for.DONT FORGET THE INCREDIBLE AMOUNT PERSONAL TIME AND LABOR I SPENT ON THIS CAR !! If I were to count that in it would be much higher.

I feel bad that I spent over 2 1/2 years building the car, and am now selling, but hopefully the car will go to a good home. Like I said all the performance parts including motor only have 450 miles on them. Everything was broken in properly, and there are a few people on these boards who have seen the car in person and that can vouge that this motor is in 100 percent working order. THe car does NOT even need tuning. My wideband is connected to the maftpro and the afr tracking is working flawlessly. I believe with the current setup the car should make about 500 whp at 21-22 psi. This motor can easily handle 600whp. I did not take any shortcuts building it.

PRICE - $9,000 FIRM.

I will NOT go lower in price. I have almost double that invested and everything is practically new. I think the price is more than fair, and if I could of bought this car 3 years ago for 9k I would of in a heartbeat. Serious prospective buyers can come over and take a test ride with me, and I would even be willing to do a compression and leakdown test in person to confirm the condition of this motor.

Car is located in Central New Jersey. If it does not sell within 4-8 weeks I will conduct a massive part out. PM me if you have any questions, thanks

- Steve

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
pic of engine before installing brand new toyota oem new engine harness

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
I gotta say sorry to see ya leave the mk3 scene. Im gonna hate to see your car in anothers hands. I can vouche for steve on this car. Very intellegent guy and I can say that im sure this car will last another 15-20 years. Nice piece of work steve. Sorry to see it go. Someone is gonna have one hell of car and if you ask me even with that body work u pictured 9k is still a little too low.

:faint:

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Damn first me now you?! Oh well you'll see the light and keep it... I did ;) Kidding, but good luck on the sale man, sad to see it go was looking forward to seeing it this spring at e-town.

-J

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
jbsupra89t said:
Damn first me now you?! Oh well you'll see the light and keep it... I did ;) Kidding, but good luck on the sale man, sad to see it go was looking forward to seeing it this spring at e-town.

-J
Thanks. If the car isnt sold by the first e-town meet (end of may), I will be there with it. It will be sporting a F.S sign though. :). take care

the oem targa tool is also included with the car. :)

·
rip supra, new car soon
786 Posts
i'm going out to buy a lotto ticket, if I win i'll pay double asking price 'cuz that car is drop dead gorgeous. Your better be praying for me that I win the lotto this weekend.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
suprasmakemesmile said:
i'm going out to buy a lotto ticket, if I win i'll pay double asking price 'cuz that car is drop dead gorgeous. Your better be praying for me that I win the lotto this weekend.
i agree! I 2nd that! Im in jerzy i'll buy it for 20 K pickup if i win the lotto! Damn thats a sexy car!

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TaSe said:
i agree! I 2nd that! Im in jerzy i'll buy it for 20 K pickup if i win the lotto! Damn thats a sexy car!

suprasmakemesmile said:

Thanks guys. ;)

Also, I forgot to mention that the alternator is brand spanking new, so I added that to the list. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
would you be interested in a trade for a BPU 1998 Eclipse Spyder GST very clean which just turned 92k on it? very clean with well-managed mods...let me know if theres any interest. Also in central jersey...currently a student at Rutgers NB.

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
otofmyway6 said:
would you be interested in a trade for a BPU 1998 Eclipse Spyder GST very clean which just turned 92k on it? very clean with well-managed mods...let me know if theres any interest. Also in central jersey...currently a student at Rutgers NB.
No Thanks....:)

- Steve

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sicksupra1 said:
Clean Title? Can I get the VIN number please? Im VERY interested

-Taylor
pm sent

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update:

If the car does not sell by Next Sunday (April 23rd) I will begin a massive part out. I will keep everyone updated...

- Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.