Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.. I have a stock 94 TT (intake only) and tonight I swapped the spark plugs to the NGK 6097's

When I pulled the plug, they seem to be the fully stock ones.. I mean the ones that came with the car originally ...

I have a few questions about their condition... the electrode seemed to be in normal condidtion, although the threaded area was lightly covered with oil.. not drenched, but glazed of oil... next the last 2 plugs ( closest to the interior) seemed darker then the others... also, the last plug was the darkest and also the white ceramic area of the plug had a "fuzz" or "glaze" on it... futhermore, the last plugs thread had the most oil on it...

And on top of that, the freeze plug in between plugs 5 and 6 had a small puddle of oil... not old oil, but seemingly newer oil since it was still wet.

Also, I installed to NGK's with the gap that they came with, and after idling the car and driving the car, it didnt seem to be "more powerfull" but did seem to respond better and just be overall more smooth.. I guess this is okay

If I had gaped them more, would I have had better performance or less performance... and what does the gap actually do to the performance of the car and the cylinder interior..

Funny note: between plugs 3 and 4, I found mouse droppings.... I thought that this was very funny and very strange... it seemed that the car was sitting for a while and a mouse found a good home... although I did vacuum all of the dropings and grass up, I found no mouse... :(

Thanks for all your help guys!!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Your old plugs sound fine although if you're not running higher than stock boost I would stick with stock heat range plugs..the standard AC's worked great in my old car..if I was at home I would give you the part #. I will post it later if someone dosent do it before me.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
if the gap you used worked out well you can try going down !you might have a gain or the car might hesitate on hard exceleration!
50/50 but you can always go back up again trial and error what works for some wont work for all remember that!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The oil would probably be the valve cover gasket. Try tightening all the bolts back down to spec. I don't remember what the torque spec is, its in the manual, or it might be in the scanned manuals on mkiv.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts