Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stolen right after I went to work. Pic:

Purchased from CkAnderson's sister September last year. Charcoal Grey, Racing Hart 5 spoke rims. H&R drop, no front lip spoiler, large stainless exhaust tip. Flat black stock urethane front bumper cover. Billet TEMS buttons by David Swearington.

I park my car just around the corner for the benefit of shade in the afternoon. I use another vehicle for work usually.

Timeline: I got up for work @ 7am this morning. I got ready, had breakfast at a restaurant, came home and took care of some online stuff. Left my house @ 830 for work, car was still there. I did a small job and came home at 10. Went to my car for my shades cuz its getting bright again out here in Cali. NO CAR there! My neighbor works in his backyard, said he didn't hear a thing. There's no broken glass. I was stunned. Like, my hands went numb with rage, I couldn't think, I was in shock and disbelief. I had a hard time using the phone because I had no patience. I made all the appropriate phone calls, and spread the word to everyone I know. All I can do is hope. I had a lot tied into this Supra, even in the short time I had it. I was supposed to use it as a reliable DD eventually for community college. I was almost through getting all maintainence done before I aquired another block to build on. This was going to be my first major financial responsiblity away from home. This was going to be my pride and joy, some thing to show for the effort and money that you just can't come up with just partying.
Damn.
Please keep an eye out, especially in the Bay Area and Central valley in Cali, thanks.

Thought I'd give yall a heads up that this happens no matter where you live.

Chriso, I'm sorry I didn't get the airbag cpu out before this BS.

-Dave

·
Banned, jk lol
3,871 Posts
Damn, I'm so sorry about that Dave, your car looked awesome. I've also noticed that alot of the Supras that have been stolen recently are in California, damn. :(

-Matt

·
Registered
488 Posts
Another one? Damn, hope the bastards get caught. Time to load the gun, and chain the Supra. Sorry to hear the bad news.

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
I'll keep an eye out.
Plate number maybe?

C

·
0 Posts
Man, I'm sorry. That sux! I live in SoCal but I'll keep an eye out.

maybe a parts list, so we can all keep a look out on ebay for your parts as well

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, plate is 5szv045
Nothing special in parts, just hks intake, most of 3" exhaust. I work too much to tinker.
I'll feed the culprit their left nut when I find'em. My efforts shouldn't go down the drain cuz some tweaker wants to get from A to B fast. Its like some one raping your woman. Disrespectful.
In the mean time, life goes on.
Thanks for looking into it.
-Dave

·
Registered
353 Posts
That sucks man, whats with all the mkiiis getting stolen in Cali

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
I'll write that down and keep on the lookout when I see an mk3.
Good luck.

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
wow that scares me alot, today after me and my friends went out to eat and came back, I saw a guy walk up to my car with some keys and look around the inside of my car, and luckly I came right in time, saved my baby, he gave it all the weird looks and stuff too, my car is pretty much all stock except for the 3" exhaust, intake and bov, reminds me of how much I love my baby! and so sorry about your car, didn't mean to hijack your thread

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
I'm sick of seeing supras get stolen. The scary part about supras, is that my key works on three other supras in my community (I actually am friends with the owners, I didn't just walk up and test it). God will give the theives what's coming to them. Best of luck on finding your baby. I'll be keeping a close eye out. God bless.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Details

Plate #
5szv045

Exterior Identifying marks:
-'90, charcoal grey
-TRD symbol over the typical toyota decal, front grill
-Stock black urethane bumper, very sinister hehe
-No front lip spoiler.
-Wheel well splash guards are not in the best condition, zip-tied into place
-Passenger front splash guard is torn on outside almost halfway
-Clear coat starting to wear a little forward of the turbo on the hood
-Clear coat is wearing off the roof, picture tall bat wings as the wear pattern.
passenger door has various white scuffs along the bottom, for the length
-Front rims are 17" Racing Harts, 5 spoke. Proxy meats, 235/17/35. Passenger side has a dent on the lip, obvious under scrutiny
-Rear rims are 18" Racing Harts, 5 spoke. 2 different brand meats/ tread patterns. 265/18/30. with complimentary curb rash.
-Calipers are red, as are the hubs of the rotors
-H&R springs, no sag.
-That cheap purpling window tint on rear window and quarters
-Window trim is losing the flat black paint, going chrome
-Hatch has a dent mid-left
-Hatch dent lines up with the cracked center tail lense
-Rear bumper paint has spider cracks
-Large chrome muffler

Interior:
-"Champion" model MOMO wheel, gray horn. Grip is pretty well worn
- MOMO? shift knob, matches horn button
-Clutch and Brake pedals continue the scheme
-Steering column cover is taped on with electrical tape. Custom rubber insert to block the ugly hole from the missing cruise stalk
-Black dash mat, to cover the split in the middle of the hump in front of the steering wheel, not velcroed in place
-There is a cigarette burn in the driver door panel, not too obvious.
-Passenger lock bezel is loose
-Center console in good condition, but the clip to fasten it down is broken.
-TEMS buttons are billet aluminum courtesy of David Swearigen(sp?)
-Rear seats are gray cloth, from 87-88
-Panels in hatch area are scratched a bit
-No rust in the spare wheel well, but the spare has rust, weird
-The hatch itself is missing the plastic cover for the wiper etc.
-The hatch privacy rollout blind is at my house
-Odometer says at least 272,000
Over all the interior was very well kept and clean.

Engine Bay Distinctions:
-HKS superflow intake filter
-Larger intake and vacuum hoses are not Toyota issue=smooth bends, audible stock bov
-NGK blue spark plug wires
-Coils are numbered with white masking tape, marked with black ballpoint pen
-Passenger side of the bay is not so dirty compared to the driver side
-Missing lawn mower cover for the coils
-No name strut bar, chrome, with black stands that don't allow TEMS covers, some wrench marks, mark where hood liner meets bar
-Light gray paint overspray on nose cover support
-Actuator was shimmed 2 washers out
-Battery is an Autolite from napa, big and very fresh.
-Positive terminal is brass, with thumb screw
-Anti corrosion agent was applied, is red, and sticky
-Starter cable has 1 foot of blue 4awg cable to eliminate corrosion. Crimp coupler used has yellow insulation, but is covered with electrical tape.
-Positive lead to fuse box has ~4inches of red 16awg, joined by shielded pink disconnects
-Megan racing DP, stainless 4" to 2nd cat, 3" cat back. Painted flat black from muffler to 3rd elbow in

Thats about as in depth as I could get without telling you how it drives.
Now that its night time, I remember trying to get rid of the interior film on the windshield by using windex moist wipes. Like, instant upgrade!! But the exterior of the windshield filmed back over, so it must be fun trying to see the road at night with oncoming traffic. This is the one time I can pray to get a BHG, lol
-Dave

·
SuFra TuRvo
1,381 Posts
1988SupraDreams said:
I'm sick of seeing supras get stolen. The scary part about supras, is that my key works on three other supras in my community (I actually am friends with the owners, I didn't just walk up and test it). God will give the theives what's coming to them. Best of luck on finding your baby. I'll be keeping a close eye out. God bless.
Agreed....it will come full circle on those a$$hats. It use to be cool when some people come up and give you props on the old-school ride. But nowadays, you have to be cautious of who is being genuine or not.

Best of luck to you, holmes.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
oh snap!

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
well i know this wont make you feel any better, but a buddy of mine had his car stolen here in FL and they found it a week later with the sound sytem pulled and it was burnt to the ground. hope you find yur car man. mine looks like a pile of shit compared to yours and i'd STILL be raging if i found out it was stolen.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ i dont think that helped at all :rolleyes:

dude, that really sucks. good luck gettin it back! keep us updated

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
that sucks, where you from if its around san jose ill keep my eye out

1 - 20 of 43 Posts