Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yessss Guys!!!.....finally.

After a major rebuild, everytime I drove my car around..20 miles or more, it would start heating.
Had every possible sensors and cooling system changed but to no avail. i had even had my radiator cleaned out as well......

A lot of people told me i had a blown HG, but I refused to believe that .....GUt feeling I guess. ...
finally, last week I gave in and went and bought a brand new radiator with a lifetime warranty for $135.00 only. Took my half an hour to change it out. Today i took my car on a long drive ....at approximately 80 mph all the way...then up and down some very steep hills......and guess what???

NO More heatinf whatsoever. The gauge points way down...

The moral of the story is....do not write off a heating problem as a BHG all the time. ..I save almost 1500 dollars since refused to believe jusat one mechanic..even three.....
Now I can go and upgrade my turbo, and buy the PHR ecu map.....Yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!...

Thanking all you Supra forums guys and gals who had help me eliminate my problems. I got a lot of things that way I checked and eliminated my problem.
Thank you all once again.

·
Some Guy With A Supra
378 Posts
Hey man i'm glad to hear that, congratulations, yeah, i don't like to take the bhg as a reason for anything the first time around either. But cool man that's great to know, that's what these guys are here for, to help. Good luck man!

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Did you get new piping for your radiator, i remember when my old FC did the exact same thing (never actually let it over heat, the second it went above normal i killed the car and let it sit) but I found that the piping (don't think that's what it's called but I am having a brain fart and I am drunk of egg nog) was in pretty poor shape too.

Good to hear you got the car running and glad it's not a BHG.... :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nicely done, way to stick with it:). Doesn't it feel great when everything works out like that... and yet strangely peculiar :rolleyes:
And how did you manage to land that deal on the radiator?

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Spun MkIII said:
Nicely done, way to stick with it:). Doesn't it feel great when everything works out like that... and yet strangely peculiar :rolleyes:
And how did you manage to land that deal on the radiator?
stock radiator can be had at that price all day long on ebay...and they work fine. youcan probably find them cheaper then that if you look hard enough.

congrats on gettin it fixed...as i just stated in another thread....going straight to BHG is usually the first mistake people make. because when you do that you tend to overlook the little things :D

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BoostMan03 said:
Hey man i'm glad to hear that, congratulations, yeah, i don't like to take the bhg as a reason for anything the first time around either. But cool man that's great to know, that's what these guys are here for, to help. Good luck man!

yeah bosstman. now I can actually drive my Supra to Sactown .....lol....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts