Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchases a set of Yokhama AVS rims from EBay. They came wrapped in Pirelli P-Zero's.

Fronts are 18x8.5 w/45mm offset 18/40/235
Rears are 18x9.5 w/40 mm offset 18/35/265

The rears bolt up and fit fine. The fronts however touch the calipers. I tried a 6mm spacer, but it wasn't enough. Two 6mm spacers I ran out of Stud.

I would guess I need at least a 10mm spacer,which would also require longer studs.

I have several questions.

1. Is this worth the trouble? I have been wanting a set of these rims for about a year. Very hard to find as they have been discontinued.

2. Where can I get a longer stud?

3. How will these set up affect my handling?

The rims came off a 93+ RX-7, which I thought had pretty much the same offsets/rim fitments as us.

TIA,

Howard

·
i'm a bauce
1,287 Posts
yo

i have the exact same wheels, and bought a set of hubcentric wheels spacers....

mine too were on an rx7, and had the exact sams problem as you...

they fit perfect with these hubcentrics adaptors....and are as safe as stock...

i've been running them for 1 year...no problems...

i'm putting on my new wheels in about 2 weeks, and am selling the avs's...i can sell you my adaptor if you weant,,let me know....135$, p.s....they did require longer studs.....which i can give you in additon

M

·
0 Posts
Those wheels are very popular and seeked by 300ZXTT owners. That RX7 offset will fit a Z like a glove. Try to sell them on twinturbo.net and get something that doesn't change your suspension geometry. I have heard of people paying over $2500 for them, since they've been discontinued.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm putting on my new wheels in about 2 weeks, and am selling the avs's...i can sell you my adaptor if you weant,,let me know....135$, p.s....they did require longer studs.....which i can give you in additon
Pardon my ignorance, but what is so special about the adaptor? The 6mm spacers I purchased were like $10.

Also are your rims the same offset/sizes as mine? I may be interested. Give me some more details.

Thanks,

Howard

J

·
0 Posts
I'd do some checking around with experts on extending your wheel studs to accomodate the caliper. My guess is that it is not safe. Some wheel people I've talked with even say spacers on standard length studs are not a good way to go,even though many people do it and get away with it. Jeff B.

·
i'm a bauce
1,287 Posts
yo

howard...i too bought the spacers for 10 bucks...but they are only that spcers....not HUBCENTRIC wheel adaptors....so i coudn';t use them

thats very importtant for the weight of the car to be on the wheels sqarely, not on the studs...with non-hubcentric spacers...all the weight is on the studs themselves...which is very dangerous, ecpecially when they come off/break the studs at 180 mph

with the adaptors, the weight is on the rim, not studs

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply.

I've been doing research all day, and I found out what the difference is about 20 mins ago LOL.

Weedwacker,

What offset are your front wheels, and what size adaptor did you have to go with? Also how much would you want for the two adaptors plus studs shipped to 43017?

TIA,

Howard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts