Discussion Starter #1
Yokohama AVS Sport
What does everyone think about them?

Chris

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree with BalticSupraTT. It worn quick and not good on wet surface. Didn't work for me at all.
Very nice when dry though. :D

·
3,148 Posts
The AVS Sport is one of my all time favorite tires. Some tires do some things better, but very few do everything as well.

Later, Steve

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My AVS's wore out way too fast, had no wet handling at all and were loud. Only plus was that they gripped very well when new around curves. I agree with Andi B. about the half worn issue.

Later,

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Yokohama AVS Sport?

Andi said:

Very good tires when new. Once they're about half-worn they start to lose grip.

Andi
andi, I had the same problem with my road race NITTO NT 555R II's. They seemed to grip a lot better when they were new. Do you recommend the BFG TA KD for straight line performance at all?

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Yokohama AVS Sport?

1_MAD_DAWG said:

andi, I had the same problem with my road race NITTO NT 555R II's. They seemed to grip a lot better when they were new. Do you recommend the BFG TA KD for straight line performance at all?
The KD's are the best tire I've had so far for all around dry grip - both straight line and cornering. And they grip as well when they're bald as they did brand new, and I've proved that with consistent lap times month after month, set after set.

That having been said.... Some drag radials in the same size are probably still slightly better in straight line albeit ridiculously subpar in cornering performance.

Andi

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont mind giving up turning ability, but we do high speed runs. at what mph are drag radials rated at? bfg's?

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
1_MAD_DAWG said:
i dont mind giving up turning ability, but we do high speed runs. at what mph are drag radials rated at? bfg's?
Not sure....

Ask Peter about the KD's. He swears by them... He is the one that recommended them to me...

Andi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts