Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, I live in brooklyn, NY and there are a good handfull of turbo cressidas out here. Theres this especially fast one. Its an 87 white . Greddy sp exhuast and a fully worked JDM 7M-GTE. He pushes an estimate of more than 25-30 psi of boost. So when i heard this i was ok he should at least have a 2.0 mm think MHG. Then i was at my other friends house who has a next turbo cress and he was tellin me how the guy with the white cressida blew the head gasket, and i was like man how do you blow a 2.0 mm head gasket. I guess it can be done, givin the circumstances. Anyway, i just wanted to share a story with you guys. Lataz

Neal

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
*BLacK SuPrA GTE* said:
So when i heard this i was ok he should at least have a 2.0 mm think MHG. Then i was at my other friends house who has a next turbo cress and he was tellin me how the guy with the white cressida blew the head gasket, and i was like man how do you blow a 2.0 mm head gasket.
It sounds like you don't know what kind of HG the cressida is running with. You say you assumed a 2mm, but you never said that you had confirmed this.

You can blow any gasket. Many people are "stupid" enough to not install one (EDIT FOR SPELLING --->) INcorrectly. If you properly in stall a metal head gasket then it should never blow.

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mean i was pretty sure he was runnin a 2.0 but it was later confirmed by the driver of the cressida later on.

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
*BLacK SuPrA GTE* said:
and i was like man how do you blow a 2.0 mm head gasket.
Same way you blow a stock one. Too much boost, not enough octane.

·
AEM SP63
1,459 Posts
It could also be that he didn't retorque the head (if using bolts), they get a little loose after a while. Mine did, I retorqued it to 90lbs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts