Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...if you can see the intercooler without even looking under the hood, right? i look on autotrader a lot and on this one, i don't see an intercooler and it's hard to find the turbos (assuming they're there,) and this one seems to be fake because there is a duplicate that is the exact same car/distance from me/pictures, only difference is asking price (70,000...WAY too much for a supra in my opinion)...i'll be buying one in a few years and hope and pray to get a black 1998 TT 6-Speed, but i want to know what to plan ahead, so i know exactly what to look for/at

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
The engine shot is obviously a TT with stock twins ...I guess not so obvious if you have no idea what it looks like. The NA engine intake looks completely different. It doesn't have a front mount intercooler, which is aftermarket; stock setup is a sidemount intercooler which must be there, but it's dark inside the side front opening so I didn't see it.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
So you look for supras on autotrader a lot but can't tell from that engine shot that it's a TT? :1poke:

Tell daddy he can buy mine for you for 90k. It's that 98 you MUST HAVE!

G

·
:nuts: weird fool......I believe the N/A's rims are different from the TT's rims. Or you can just call the owner and ask if it's a TT. 98' hmmmmmmm have fun paying for that one. Do you want a QS 98' cause there's sooo many of them on the streets :fawk:

-Dino

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cherzra said:
So you look for supras on autotrader a lot but can't tell from that engine shot that it's a TT? :1poke:

Tell daddy he can buy mine for you for 90k. It's that 98 you MUST HAVE!
when did i say it was a must-have? and when did i say that my parents were buying it for me?

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BDT-TT said:
:nuts: weird fool......I believe the N/A's rims are different from the TT's rims. Or you can just call the owner and ask if it's a TT. 98' hmmmmmmm have fun paying for that one. Do you want a QS 98' cause there's sooo many of them on the streets :fawk:

-Dino
you can buy the TT rims and put them on, people lie to your face, and i want a black one (WANT, not it has to be)

G

·
Xenon be nice :D.......lol . Obviously this kid is new........to cars

Here I got a tip for you. Im 14 and not a fucking stupid person. Im planning on buy an MKIV when I turn 16...In September im going to find a job and work my ass off because I know that its going to pay off. Im Going to work 3 days a week 8 hours, 12 months for the next 2 years including summer. My parents are not going to pay anything because Im responible enough to take actions by myself. Cheers

-Dino

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
BDT-TT said:
Xenon be nice :D.......lol . Obviously this kid is new........to cars

Here I got a tip for you. Im 14 and not a fucking stupid person. Im planning on buy an MKIV when I turn 16...In September im going to find a job and work my ass off because I know that its going to pay off. Im Going to work 3 days a week 8 hours, 12 months for the next 2 years including summer. My parents are not going to pay anything because Im responible enough to take actions by myself. Cheers

-Dino

i'm not new to cars, i've been around cars all my life (and not just in them)

do you know wether i have a job or not? do you know how much money i've been saving up? did i ever say that my parents were going to pay for it?

if i said ANY of this, let me know, because i HAVE a job, i have over $5,000 saved up, and my dad has a TR7 that we've been working on for the past year

so stop being an asshole and just answer my fucking question

EDIT: you're not 14 and you have bad math...your birthday says feb. 8th 1990...meaning you should be 15...unless you've been 15 for almost 4 months and just happened to forget your birthday passed

G

·
Ok....I take back what I said......but seriously man....if you've been around car's all your life and you were born in 1990 you should have known about the Supra TT. If you have that much money saved up and you and your dad are special mechanics how can u not tell the difference between an N/A and a TT? Heres a tip about n/a's the thing that curls around the top engine (refresh my memory someone) means its n/a. A TT is when there is nothing on top of the engine (this is how I remember). Oh yeah IS300's have the same engine as N/A supra's. (vvti)

·
Don't touch the watch.
314 Posts
InvisibleMonkey said:
...if you can see the intercooler without even looking under the hood, right? i look on autotrader a lot and on this one, i don't see an intercooler and it's hard to find the turbos (assuming they're there,) and this one seems to be fake because there is a duplicate that is the exact same car/distance from me/pictures, only difference is asking price (70,000...WAY too much for a supra in my opinion)...i'll be buying one in a few years and hope and pray to get a black 1998 TT 6-Speed, but i want to know what to plan ahead, so i know exactly what to look for/at

Allright, everyone else is going to be a dick but ill give it to you raw. Theres only one way to get that 98 tt 6 spd that you want for cheap. Find someone who is selling their supra overseas. They typically go for about 10k-12k. You will need to send a money wire of about 2k but in the end you will be the winner. You will have a low mileage 98 tt 6 spd for about 1/5th what everyone else payed. Suckers...

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
loneXsupra said:
Allright, everyone else is going to be a dick but ill give it to you raw. Theres only one way to get that 98 tt 6 spd that you want for cheap. Find someone who is selling their supra overseas. They typically go for about 10k-12k. You will need to send a money wire of about 2k but in the end you will be the winner. You will have a low mileage 98 tt 6 spd for about 1/5th what everyone else payed. Suckers...
i'm young, not stupid

G

·
loneXsupra said:

Your kidding right Lonexsupra? I hope you are :D . :wtflol:

Yeah in that case you would have to get it legalized, import it, shit like that. Then on top of everything you still dont have a 2JZ-GTE. You have a JDM engine (i forgot what it was called).

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BDT-TT said:
Ok....I take back what I said......but seriously man....if you've been around car's all your life and you were born in 1990 you should have known about the Supra TT. If you have that much money saved up and you and your dad are special mechanics how can u not tell the difference between an N/A and a TT? Heres a tip about n/a's the thing that curls around the top engine (refresh my memory someone) means its n/a. A TT is when there is nothing on top of the engine (this is how I remember). Oh yeah IS300's have the same engine as N/A supra's. (vvti)
lol...i fudged that detail, the only 2 cars i've ever worked on (with my dad) was the TR7 and (before he sold it) my dad's 1997 Eclipse GS (too bad it wasn't a GSX) both of which have no turbo

·
what comes out the butt?
4,463 Posts
1...you are too young for a turbo mkiv..

2...if youve been around cars all your life, you should be able to tell where the intake manifold is on that motor...and if so, would easily be able to come up with the only reason for the pipe to go down after the throttlebody, and then hook up over on the exhaust side of the motor...would be that it is turbo...

as for ways to tell if its turbo or not without seeing the motor..

-large front brake calipers
-sidemount in passenger side bumper duct
-if manual...turbos are 6speed....to tell it is 6speed...look for the reverse lockout ring
-rims(though some NA cars have stock TT rims), but if they are 16s, its definately NA..
-TT's have traction control...look for the button under the radio

there are a few little minor things...but for the most part^those are going to be the most useful

-mike

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
BDT-TT said:
Your kidding right Lonexsupra? I hope you are :D . :wtflol:

Yeah in that case you would have to get it legalized, import it, shit like that. Then on top of everything you still dont have a 2JZ-GTE. You have a JDM engine (i forgot what it was called).
:stickpoke

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.