Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was finishing up some errands this past weekend and heading home. I jumped on the local highway that puts me right by my house. As i'm merging, i see a new 991 Carrera caught behind a few cars in the left lane. I have a car in front of me that also merged so the Porsche winds up semi boxed. For some reason, everyone is going slowly like 5-6 MPH under the speed limit. after a few seconds, the car in front of me slowly speeds up. Porsche guy sees this and pulls behind me and 20 seconds later, i see my gap, drop 2 gears, go through the gap and now I have a porsche up my ass.

Now on this particular stretch of highway Its straight followed by an uphill right then its downhill for about a 1/8 mile then it levels flat. This is where it gets interesting....

Soon as im clear of the cars, im floored in third for the straight section, shift to 4th for the hill, the top of the hill (at this point i'm looking for the porsche to pass) still foot planted down the hill and got 5th for a little. i do remember hitting 125 before i said why isnt he passing me? i change a lane, let off, and he blows by me.

Mind you i have a NA SC300, Clutch is dying, and before anyone says anything i know i shouldnt be doing pulls like that. HOWEVER, If you have the speed to pass some one, make it known has always been my theory... I do generally believe i was being toyed with though, but he didnt pass :)

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,485 Posts
No offense man but if he didn't blow your doors off then he wasn't trying to race you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No offense man but if he didn't blow your doors off then he wasn't trying to race you.
Read the last line I wrote. I believe he was toying with me. I know full well that car is faster then me. But who hangs with another car doing 100+ on the highway if you aren't "racing"? If you want to call it having fun sure but my doors should have been blown off to prove a point regardless.

I'm not mad. I'll race anyone lol i love to have fun in my car. I can't wait to throw my turbo on.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Once your car gets real fast you'll realize there are cars you don't mess with cuz its not worth your gas. Just for the looser to say "man your car is fast" lol. you'll be there bro. you have a great platform to start.

·
Registered
359 Posts
R my doors should have been blown off to prove a point regardless.
He is in a Porsche the point is proven already. WTF he doesnt need to kill what is already killed in his head. Did you want him to do a ricer fly by too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts