Supra Forums banner

1341 - 1360 of 1380 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hey Jeff, who me going to party??? I can't keep up with you guys.

I'm driving this year & Beez is the co driver...looking forward to seeing you!
Haha, Jack, it's you old timers that us youngin's have to figure out how you're STILL able to party the way you do. ;)

See ya in Vegas buddy.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Jack, I'm looking forward to seeing your 97. Does that mean Brain's not driving his QS?
Hey Ume - True Dat, I am going to be kicking back in Jack's car for the drive, then try thumbing for rides in Vegas : )

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Brad, looking forward to seeing you too!

Hi Ume, yes my 97, but Brian is going to be doing a lot of driving.

When Brian & I came together 2 years ago....he didn't know me very well...he just handed me the keys....total trust. Now I get to payback that favor!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hey Ume - True Dat, I am going to be kicking back in Jack's car for the drive, then try thumbing for rides in Vegas : )
From what Jack posted below looks like you'll be driving.

Hi Ume, yes my 97, but Brian is going to be doing a lot of driving.

When Brian & I came together 2 years ago....he didn't know me very well...he just handed me the keys....total trust. Now I get to payback that favor!! :bigthumb:
Jack I'd trust a fellow supra owner to drive my supra than any joe blow.

See you guys next week :bigok:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Working on cleaning up the car, starting to think that it might actually get some attention now, and not of the "ugh" variety haha. Cosmetics... really not my thing, I prefer to let the driving do the talking, and besides, it's more fun than washing and waxing anyway! Still, making it purty is a whole new game for me. :)

·
JetFire
5,362 Posts
Bump :cool:

Weather is finally consistent have been enjoying taking the Supra out and about. I've noticed a lot more attention now for some reason random people at stop lights or gas station giving thumbs up. I get asked a lot about the MKV Supra at gas stations and local meets. I've also seen some odd reactions one guy in a E55 started following me as I turned into neighborhood then turned around. An older gentleman in a Stinger Turbo proceeded to weave in and out of lanes after he casually passed me. Guess he expected me to chase him lol. A kid in an Integra at a stop light 2 lanes over saw car and immediately started to rev and hit his limiter no idea why lol. Had some guy tailgate me in a modded Accord I changed lanes so he could pass and he punched it lol. Seems some people try to "show off" when they see the Supra. I get a lot of 2 step and send it requests I just smile and say you first.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,481 Posts
Last week I had two motorcyclists acknowledge the Supra. The first one, approaching in the opposite direction, gave me the "motorcyclist wave" with his left hand down low...a gesture usually reserved for other cyclists. The second one passed me in traffic on the right, then turned his head around and gave me the thumbs-up.

I continue to get a lot of attention, questions, and admiration at the track. Everyone acts like they've just seen a unicorn.

Reactions: Mr Ree NZ

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Being a long time MKIII owner going to MKIV I have to say the attention is on another level. Driving the car back from LA to Sacramento I got no less than 10 thumbs ups, 5 pictures, 3 honks and 2 race attempts. Given my car is bright red on silver wheels it definitely grabs attention

·
Registered
63 Posts
Last weekend as I was at the mall and just getting into the supra, i see this guy walking towards the car. I get out and the first thing he asks is the car for sale. I say no, but everything has a price, then asks what is you price? Now my favorite answer is :$ 100,000 minimum , he starts looking at the car and asks " If the motor died would you sell the car" I say no, then asks if the transmission quits would you sell the car? Really stupid questions. Now I tell him I had the car appraised two years ago and the value at that time was ; $ 50,000 now under his breath I hear " I can't afford that" I was going to say something, but held back> It made no sense to me if you know a Supra is expensive why play as if can afford a Supra.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Being a long time MKIII owner going to MKIV I have to say the attention is on another level. Driving the car back from LA to Sacramento I got no less than 10 thumbs ups, 5 pictures, 3 honks and 2 race attempts. Given my car is bright red on silver wheels it definitely grabs attention
This is me every time I drive mine, no less than 4-5 waves / thumbs up, at least 2-3 hanging out the window with a cell phone, a handful of non-race cars attempting to race me.

It makes me chuckle and I'm glad I probably "made someones day" by doing a little blast for them or something, I know when I was younger if someone did that for me I'd be pumped! lol.

Reactions: Dumeinao

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,481 Posts
The Amazon delivery guy came today while I was changing the oil in the TT. He pretty much stood frozen in my driveway with his mouth open, looking at the Supra.

·
The Great Beast 666
451 Posts
The Amazon delivery guy came today while I was changing the oil in the TT. He pretty much stood frozen in my driveway with his mouth open, looking at the Supra.

The best feeling is seeing their eyes light up with joy when I ask if they would like to sit in it, had it with my triple A guy who helped me jumpstart my Prius and saw my Supra sitting in the driveway.

it deletes the annoying usual crap I get from people such as getting upset that its an automatic or the toolish remarks of it being an automatic. I mean Im a good sport about it, but really there is a line.The same with the IS THAT A SUPRA yelling.

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
503 Posts
87T MK3 here. I have to say that where I live in SoCal I still get many thumbs up, honks, and people asking if I want to sell it. I used to get people leaving notes on the car when parked at home outside. The other day I was in the 7Teas drive thru at dusk with my lights on. The line is wrapped around the building and I hear this guy about 5 cars ahead of me making the turn into the drive-thru line yell out..."Holy Shit its a Supra" :)

The best so far though was in November when the door bell rang and my wife answered. It was a Mercedes Benz parts runner guy (in the official Benz logo'd truck) who just wanted to ask about the Supra parked out front. I was like, ok. I spent the next 1.5 hours talking to him and he just went on and on about how he had never seen an 87 in such good condition. My immaculate dashboard is apparently a big deal...who knew?

I will say though that as any of these cars have gotten rarer, I do get a bit uncomfortable when people take TOO much of a liking to them. Just because in my mind its the same old Supra I've owned since 1995 does not mean anyone else view's it that way.

·
Registered
503 Posts
@95MKIVTT I've learned from this forum that the "tool" aspect of people is severely slanted towards MK4 vs MK3 owners. I guess the movies and the generation makes all the difference. For instance, I've yet to meet anyone who has checked my car out that thinks me keeping it bone stock is a "bad thing". In your case though, they are all over you about an automatic.

Weird people. haha

·
The Great Beast 666
451 Posts
@Dumeinao

I have not gotten the notes thing, yet but that is because I do not drive it that often, however if I do is it for sale part as well as the others you mentioned is quite often a regular occurance. Myself being Autistic and having social anxiety doesnt help a bit but Im happy to see others happy.

Only "NOPE" occurance I have had was once at a meet a random girl and her photgrapher friend decieded to use my Supra for photography and she kept climbing on the hood and sitting on my car.I had to intervene that time.

as for the tool aspect on MK4 yeaah. Not just the movie but videos as well as by certain youtubers etc. Im not going to lie its great to be appreciated. As for keeping it bone stock is a bad thing deal,Ive just come to the realization that much like there are those for all cars.

Reactions: Dumeinao

·
The Great Beast 666
451 Posts
@Dumeinao Its flattering but unless its baby/toddler weight I dont want dents lol

·
Registered
503 Posts
^^ No I totally get it! There's a fine line there. My daughter climbed on mine years ago and I was like hey hey hey...off that....

1341 - 1360 of 1380 Posts