Supra Forums banner

1361 - 1380 of 1380 Posts

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,481 Posts
^ +1. The ending to that story would have been quite different if she'd climbed on my car...I don't care how hot she is.

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
503 Posts
I just had a young kid, probably 10-12, yell "I LOVE YOUR CAR" from the back seat of his family car the other day driving around. He had a big smile on his face! :) (y) That made my day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love getting the attention but it bothers me to see the look of disappointment when I tell them it's non-turbo. (I know, you'll say "then don't tell them.")

·
Registered
128 Posts
Now that she's running again I get lots of attention. I've been followed home by old guys who had never seen one, truckers ask me if it has a Hemi in it, guys on the street will wait for me to come out of the store to ask about the car, and others will film me while I'm driving. You get used to it so just be cool about it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I love getting the attention but it bothers me to see the look of disappointment when I tell them it's non-turbo. (I know, you'll say "then don't tell them.")
Definitely this, however, it doesn't bother me that much... LoL. (Even though I'm piecing a turbo kit is a whole different story )

I always end it with, it's still a Supra.

When I used to help at my FIL's 7-11 in Downey, people will always be asking about the Supra in the parking lot, who's is it? And when I'm working with a younger employee, I always say to him or her- say, it's yours, say it's yours...lol

And then, it just got so normal to the customers, when they see me working the register- even the ones that I didn't expect to know about a Supra, when they see me working the register- hey, where's your car today?

It's just heart warming like others have said, to make someone's day amid all this craziness.

Have a blessed day and Stay safe.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dumeinao

·
The Great Beast 666
451 Posts
this is from my thread, stupid things people say to Supra owners

"$100,000 man thats a rip off, I can get one for $ .20 cents on ebay or my friend got one for that much, a Toyota should not cost that much becasue well its a Toyota. "

"man you own an automatic??!wow you are slow and not a man!!! "

"you cant afford a new "Supra" thats why you own a MKIV. "

"why dont you trade it for a NSX or an RX7? They are better handlers and not as overrated"

"you are stock ha ha lame "( even when they can clearly see my Greddy intercooler and exhaust as two of the most evident things to show I am not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious.. I think you probably get more guys asking you questions than girls lol.

I.e Do you have people always asking you questions about the car, etc?
yes, #1 question "is that your Supra or your boyfriends" ? and I reply its MINE all mine!! and their response is always positive, a smile and high five. (I understand most Supra owners are male vs female)
2nd most popular question "is it for sale". I answer no ! (I've owned my 94 Supra for 23yrs... bought it 1997)
3rd (non verbal) when I'm on the freeway other drivers either want to race me or are video taping me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I found the best way to fly under the radar with the Supra is to move to a small Texas town. Nobody gives it a second look. I guess I can lift it 12" and put 35" tires on it... or paint it John Deere green....

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
503 Posts
I found the best way to fly under the radar with the Supra is to move to a small Texas town. Nobody gives it a second look. I guess I can lift it 12" and put 35" tires on it... or paint it John Deere green....
LOL. When I lived in Austin in the 80s, I lifted my 85 Toyota 4x4 about 12" by suspension lift and 35x17.50 Mickey Thompsons. I did not, however, paint it John Deer Green :D (not even the water tower)

·
Registered
94&93 vr4, 94 rx7, 98 2.5rs, 95 Supra TT
134 Posts
I've had my Supra for almost 2 years in Vermont. I've always had some kind of sports car (3000gts, rx7, sti etc...) The Supra easily gets way more attention than anything else for better or worse.

• First time I ever put gas in the car I had 3 people come and talk to me while it was filling it up
  • Drove it to Hannafords once, parked as far away as possible. When I came outside 2 teenagers had pulled in right next to it waiting to talk to the owner because it was their dream car
  • I get random tags and friend requests on fb from people I don't know because someone will take a photo of it about and ask "who's car?"
  • I've had cars practically tailgate me like I'm always trying to race everywhere I go
  • Recently while driving through the Lake Champlain Islands to visit a deli I had a truck follow closely and they were waving arms out window to pull over. I kept driving, got to the sandwich shop they pulled in behind me. They wanted to get a picture of their vehicle next to mine and said it was their dream car.
I daily drive a 2004 maroon Volvo xc70 wagon with 220k miles. I get 0 attention in that and sometimes it's nice that way:)

·
The Great Beast 666
451 Posts
If you want to put them down, I suggest you answer with "You can't afford it."
I tell them $250,000 or a Radical RXC 600. They shut up right there, especially when I say yes when they ask if Im serious after I tell them the price/trade.

·
The Great Beast 666
451 Posts
double post delete please

·
Registered
230 Posts
Love this thread... lets keep it going.
When I owned by RHD GZ Aero:
-A guy in an Audi R8 slowed down and made sure to give me a thumbs up on the highway (4 lane, doing 100kmh). Def respected the car
-Kid on the highway took my photo
-A guy in a early 90s Nissan Sentra pulled up beside me on the highway and wanted to chat about the car while doing 100+kmh. Haha. The Toronto Supra Club has photos of it somewhere, I'll see if I can upload them. Hilarious memory. Loved the car.
-Multiple people making fun of it for being auto
My LHD:
-Had a Lambo tailgate me while leaving my town and onto the highway. I turned down a country side road wanting to play a bit (bone stock, just for nostalgia sakes), but he kept going. I was so disappointed. I wanted a photo at least of the 2 cars on the side of the road.
-A guy held up traffic in the opposite lane downtown and took my photo at a intersection
-Multiple race attempts, revving, yelling while driving. I love it.

More stories gents!

Reactions: Dumeinao
1361 - 1380 of 1380 Posts