Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you car won't start suddenly for reasons unknown.

You know what sucks more? When you get your car started, start going over all the fluids and find your once nice and green water is now milky in color. Damn old RX-7.

fuck.....

John

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
RSXTypeS79 said:
When you car won't start suddenly for reasons unknown.

You know what sucks more? When you get your car started, start going over all the fluids and find your once nice and green water is now milky in color. Damn old RX-7.

fuck.....

John
That seems to be the problem

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
/waits for a mkiii to say 'blown head gasket'

that sucks, well at least you get to rip it apart and put it back together with quality parts.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AZmkiii said:
/waits for a mkiii to say 'blown head gasket'

that sucks, well at least you get to rip it apart and put it back together with quality parts.
lol, BHG!!!!

Seriously, I'm not sure if I want to. I have a 69 Chevelle anyways.

John

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
OMG IT DOESN"T START BECAUSE ITS ROTARY! :eek: :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's not for "No reason". Check what you'd check on any motor, spark, fuel delivery (Fuel switch), battery, starter, ignition, wires...yadda

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
PhoeniXDownVII said:
OMG IT DOESN"T START BECAUSE ITS ROTARY! :eek: :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's not for "No reason". Check what you'd check on any motor, spark, fuel delivery (Fuel switch), battery, starter, ignition, wires...yadda
none of those have to do with "nice and green water is now milky in color" though.

Look... the car knows... why cant you just admit it...

·
Registered
108 Posts
heh. Yeah, get used to it, its a Rotary. Stick with the Chevelle. My '69 Firebird has lasted for for 30 years and still going on strong :)

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the first and LAST one for me. Damn thing is just to frekin finiky. Yeah, that chevelle, looked at it.......um, no. Here is what I'm looking at. Now, don't look at any of these as something I'm going to keep. I'm just in a bind and need a vehicle.

1. 87 Cutlass, 350 V8, auto, everything is in great shape. Only 52K original miles. $1000. Guy has 9 cars, needs to get rid of some.

2. 96 Camero. V6, runs good, don't know the miles yet. $750. Same guy, too many cars.

3. 89 Suburban (sp?) 350 V8, 5spd, 4x4, runs good. $1000.

I'm gonna hunt for more. I would get the Mustang I want, but...

A: Credit was shot after I was laid off.
B. Don't have a down payment I want.

John

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
none of those have to do with "nice and green water is now milky in color" though.

Look... the car knows... why cant you just admit it...
I guess not. But a rotary doesn't just choose not to start. It's an engine. There's a system of compression, combustion, exhaust like a Piston motor. It can get weak over time, and sooner than a piston motor, but I'll be damned if I walk out to my FD one morning and she just decides not to start because overnight an apex seal decided to pack up and walk out on me...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
RSXTypeS79 said:
This is the first and LAST one for me. Damn thing is just to frekin finiky. Yeah, that chevelle, looked at it.......um, no. Here is what I'm looking at. Now, don't look at any of these as something I'm going to keep. I'm just in a bind and need a vehicle.

1. 87 Cutlass, 350 V8, auto, everything is in great shape. Only 52K original miles. $1000. Guy has 9 cars, needs to get rid of some.

2. 96 Camero. V6, runs good, don't know the miles yet. $750. Same guy, too many cars.

3. 89 Suburban (sp?) 350 V8, 5spd, 4x4, runs good. $1000.

I'm gonna hunt for more. I would get the Mustang I want, but...

A: Credit was shot after I was laid off.
B. Don't have a down payment I want.

John
John,

Let me know if you don't buy the 96 Camaro. I will.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, I don't know WHAT the problom is yet, Lets not assume anything until I either break into it, or sell it to someone who know's whats up.

Kevin, I will let you know. I'm actually leaning towards it.

John

R

·
0 Posts
Its probably flooded, thats a common problem with RX-7's (I've had 5 :) Take out your bottom spark plugs, take out the EGI fuse, and the EFI fuse while your at it, go in the cabin and crank away for about 6 seconds at a time, a couple times. If you see white smoke coming out the engine thats ok, its fuel. Clean plugs, put them back in, start her up. BTW what year/model is your RX-7?

R

·
0 Posts
The cause is leaky injectors, because once you shut off the car, there is still about ~50psi of fuel pressure still in the lines, and the fuel has no where to go except force itself out the injectors and flood the engine. You can either wire a fuel pump switch (turn off switch while cranking, then turn it on after normal crank time), or what i did with my older FC was put in a valve to release the pressure in the lines once I shut off the car. Pressure bleeds back to fuel tank.

R

·
0 Posts
One more thing: take out the bottom plug on the front rotor, (take out fuses too) and crank, you should hear 3 even "whooshes" put the plug back in, then repeat for the rear. and listen carefully, this should give you rough idea of what your compression is like. if u hear 1 weak whoosh and 2 strong ones, ur side seal is about to go. if you hear 2 weak whoosh and 1 strong one, it could be a combination of side, and apex seal. as long as the whoosh are even, your good. or if you have a compression gauge, better yet, just remove the check valve in it, and watch it closely, 3 even bounces above 70psi=good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts