Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i wanted to have some fun today. So me and malicali decided to go do some donuts today in my supra. Well he was showing me how to heat cycle the tires. Mike spent awhile explaining how to do it. So after the briefing i went for it the first time was nice a good 15 second burnout or so... So then after we were whipping some donuts nice ones at that. We left for a little then came back to try the heat cycle again...Well the car moved but the tires didn't spin. Then smoke came into the compartment and i was like fuck!!!!! Popped the hood and smoke was coming out from everywhere... At first i thought that i blew my hg AGAIN. But the smoke was coming out of the clutch housing... Shit.. i got the car home tho.

But now im wondering if i need to replace anything along the seal bc of all of the steam from the oil boiling out??

·
greasemonkey
3,138 Posts
oil? sounds like you have a stock clutch and it started slipping instead of the tires sining which resulted in it smoking. that happens when you over heat an organic clutch disc. either drive normal or get a better clutch.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol you can usualyl tell the diff between tire smoke and clutch lol..but i bet its your clutch smoking the shit, you better get a new one if it is the clutch, before this one starts to slip when you go up hills

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha Yeah i know it was the clutch oil i know what it smells like... I plan on getting a 1jz clip in a month so im not worrying about it!!

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
haha, its all good then. So are you going to fix it when you get the 1jz clip then

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tranny is coming with the 1j bro not gonna worry about it other then doing a little fixin and cleaning everything up. But the 1jz may go into another supra so we'll see. If that happens i need to get a r154 tranny. I have a w58 on it right now...5spd swap.

·
Registered
583 Posts
"clutch oil" im confused now wtf. did he burn his clutch or pop a hose and shit went every where?????

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Pandaplastic said:
haha Yeah i know it was the clutch oil i know what it smells like... I plan on getting a 1jz clip in a month so im not worrying about it!!

Well as long as it was just your clutch oil smoking.. thats ok! :wtflol:

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
oo, shouldnt be to hard to source a r154, you better get pics up of it when your done the 1jz swap lol.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I burnt the clutch.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
^ yes, we know.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi chris...this is mike.....yes i know too

·
Registered
583 Posts
lol sorry ur post kinda confused me lol ive done it so bad in an awd subaru that the place i did it at still smelled a hour later in a different car :)

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Once you see smoke from the clutch, its pretty much gone. Good thing you are gettin a 1JZ clip soon, drop in a good clutch this time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ckanderson said:
Well as long as it was just your clutch oil smoking.. thats ok! :wtflol:

:iwdumbass

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MASHedDough said:
Once you see smoke from the clutch, its pretty much gone. Good thing you are gettin a 1JZ clip soon, drop in a good clutch this time.
Well it still may be a bit till i get the clip so....i'll have to make be with it for now

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol hopefully your clutch doesnt start to slip like crazy when your going up hills and stuff.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
anyone know where i can find a good stock clutch for cheap so i can get around i really fucked up mine...shit....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well no there is one but not very steep.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts