Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While there are a few MKIV's in Cleveland, I see one only about once every six months or so...haven't met any local fellow owners yet though.

Anyhow, I'm moving in the next month...and was visiting my new place on the eastside of Cleveland the other day. I had just finished taking some room dimensions for carpet and stuff. I plopped in the sup and drove around the hood where I'll be staying and happened to look over in one direction when OH MY GOD, SAW ANOTHER MKIV! What are the chances of being this close to a fellow supra !! I know it was a little story, but it put a smile on my :)

Was in a big rush that day but will be introducing myself the next time I go there!

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Sounds like you might have some buddies to hang with pretty soon when you're there :bigthumb:

·
11,221 Posts
Yea, Supra's are rare in the NE I guess. That's why they combined all these states to form the NE section, while FL and Cali get their own shit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had only seen 2 MKIV's in NE Ohio before this spring. This spring alone, I've seen 4 or 5 so far!

·
Well Balanced
508 Posts
I live in the Cleveland area (Westside suburb) and I often go to the eastside. Sometimes I'll take my Supra with me.
I have a red 95 with stock polished wheels.
I pretty much know most of the MKIV owners in the Cleveland area and you'd be surprised how many there are. I see them all the time around here and in my small suburb alone, there are 5 that I know of. There's a famous 800 rear wheel HP supra in the eastside (Marcus Frost's old car) so you'll probably see that one rolling around soon and a few other single turbo's here and there.

PM me once you settle in here and we'll meet up.

·
Registered
549 Posts
P Rock said:
I live in the Cleveland area (Westside suburb) and I often go to the eastside. Sometimes I'll take my Supra with me.
I have a red 95 with stock polished wheels.
I pretty much know most of the MKIV owners in the Cleveland area and you'd be surprised how many there are. I see them all the time around here and in my small suburb alone, there are 5 that I know of. There's a famous 800 rear wheel HP supra in the eastside (Marcus Frost's old car) so you'll probably see that one rolling around soon and a few other single turbo's here and there.

PM me once you settle in here and we'll meet up.
i also heard there is one from cleveland with black hre's that should be pushin 1000hp...

·
Stinks like sex in here..
343 Posts
ohioko4s4 said:
Yep, that's me. Look forward to running you. But you've got to beat my S4 before I waste the C16 on you.... :)
So who is worthy of your C16? :biggrin:

·
Banned
977 Posts
ohioko4s4 said:
Yep, that's me. Look forward to running you. But you've got to beat my S4 before I waste the C16 on you.... :)
Where are you getting C16 in NE Ohio??? I haven’t been able to find many places and since your near me I would be extremely interested (Even tho I have no reason to run it as of yet)

We all are sitting here saying wow... we never see any MKIVs or many supras for that matter... why don’t we get a mini meet going? or just meet up at one of the car shows that will be starting up.. (Like Brunswick 71 & 330 in the parking lot of the strip mall by pizza hut) I know they do theirs every Saturday but I am not sure when they are starting up.. if they haven’t already. I would, as I know most of us would, enjoy meeting the rest of the supra owners in NE Ohio. Or even if we all just met up for a beer at rock bottom brewery in Cleveland.

Shoot I would even be willing to help organize something if I knew there would be a turn out.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
roliks said:
Where are you getting C16 in NE Ohio??? I haven’t been able to find many places and since your near me I would be extremely interested (Even tho I have no reason to run it as of yet).
Call VP Racing Fuels Midwest distribution at (812) 466-1175 and they'll give you the numbers for the Cleveland and Akron locations. I think both get their shipments in the first week of the month.

Yea, I'm always up for meeting other Supra owners. Keep me in the loop.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
I don't think James is doing his annual Supra meet again this year. The locals here in town were wondering if I was interested in setting something up. Except I wouldn't do a Supra only thing, I'd rather call it a power meet. :) I will talk it over with the guys tonight at Hooters. ;)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Nope the Jim and James team are not doing the meet this year... but Nick and Mark are. I figured after 8 years of doing it, I was running out of ideas and we needed some newer fresher input.

We will be having the annual Ohio/Midwest Supra meet in October. We'll be advising the new coordinators as well as trying to line up some goodies with our contacts in the automotive industry. So if you're not going to Vegas (we'll try not to conflict with that meet since it's more-or-less the national meet), keep your eyes and ears open for the Ohio meet.

The new coordinators want to get it back to the old days when we had 30-50 Supras in attendance.

In the meantime, we have some mini-meets that happen throughout the state as well as regional meets within a 5-6 hour drive.

Hua, get with in touch with me if you Columbus guys are having a Supra-specific mini-meet. As soon as I get the crack on my wheel welded up, I'll be able to cruise up there.

Regards,
James R

·
Banned
977 Posts
Keep me posted on the meets that are coming guys...I'll gladly drive to meet up.
Soon as I get the suspension and tranny in. Anyone want to help.. *Cough* LOL

Don... sometime this summer I'll be stopping by your shop to see the plan of attack for my car.

:::Ohioko4s4:::
Did you ever get to race that 930 yet?
What was the outcome? Vid?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm up for a meet, as soon as I can get a new clutch.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts