Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I could not find any info on this and I am not sure if I should create a new thread as I am new to this forum. Does anyone know if it is feasible to modify the front sump pan on a 1JZ to work in a MK3 Supra? ie. Cut and weld the pan to clear the front area? And speaking of that what part exactly collides with the oil pan? I have not pulled the motor out of my Supra to start the swap yet but am curious if I can save some money in this part since I am very proficient at fabricating contraptions like this.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Question fellas, ive searched and havent found a exact answer and maybe you guys can shine some light. I have a mk4 getting built with hks 272 cams, i am going with gsc s3 cams and wanted to use the same hks cams on my mk3 1jz build. Ive read "some machining" is required just dont know exactly what kind of "machining" they mean. Anyone care so share? Or has anyone done this? Not going for a record breaking build on the mk3, wanting to daily drive it at 550-600whp, enough to play with some newer cars, the mk4 im pushing it to the next level. 1400whp is the magic number on all boost plus spray. Hopefully i can have pics of project starting here soon.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Question fellas, ive searched and havent found a exact answer and maybe you guys can shine some light. I have a mk4 getting built with hks 272 cams, i am going with gsc s3 cams and wanted to use the same hks cams on my mk3 1jz build. Ive read "some machining" is required just dont know exactly what kind of "machining" they mean. Anyone care so share? Or has anyone done this? Not going for a record breaking build on the mk3, wanting to daily drive it at 550-600whp, enough to play with some newer cars, the mk4 im pushing it to the next level. 1400whp is the magic number on all boost plus spray. Hopefully i can have pics of project starting here soon.
Sell MKIV HKS cams & buy the 1jz HKS cams.. simpler method than machining the cams..

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok hopefully this will be easy to answer im doing a 2jzge vvti swap into a mk3 that was turbo. im using an r154 trans is the guide basically gonna be the same?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
ok hopefully this will be easy to answer im doing a 2jzge vvti swap into a mk3 that was turbo. im using an r154 trans is the guide basically gonna be the same?
NOT!!! worth it!!! get a GTE VVTI instead, Save your money for standalone while you at it, Stock ecu are not very friendly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Right now the plan is to just get the car running and it’s the cheapest way I’ve found so far later I will forge the internals before I try to improve the hp

·
Registered
3 Posts
You will have a hard time with the stock ECU since it is a OBDII ecu.. good luck..
but is it possible? im ok with having a hard time this car has been sitting for 7 years with no motor. so any progress is good progress
also lets say I go standalone who should I go with? who has the best support?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
but is it possible? im ok with having a hard time this car has been sitting for 7 years with no motor. so any progress is good progress
also lets say I go standalone who should I go with? who has the best support?
ECUMASTER, Best ECU for the money and support is GREAT!!!!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts