Supra Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
hello guys where can i get a wiring harness for a 2jz gte swap into mk3 i live in europe?
You should probably buy a stand-alone like an ECU Masters and make a harness yourself. Even a AEM V1 is super cheap nowadays. Search for Dr.Tweak on Google and you will find him. Tweak Performance I believe it is. He makes harnesses and has been doing it for some while.

Join the 2JZ groups on Facebook as well.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have noticed a lot of the 1JZ information is not as accurate as it used to be. The common parts that are interchangeable with the 2JZ are the easy ones to find and we know they fit. In this thread I will list everything there is to know for us MKIII owners about doing a 1JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GTE Swap. I cannot comment on JZ swap into other cars as I have not done enough of them to know everything. The information that will be listed here is going to be accurate or else it will have a asterisk(*) mark next to it until I verify it for myself. Please keep comments and questions after reading this whole post and any recommendations can be done through PM.

What is not accurate in the first post?

·
Registered
1988 Toyota Supra
21 Posts
1.5JZ Turbo Options

You can have many different options for your turbo setup with your 1.5JZ-GTE Motor. It now has a bigger bottom end displacement to spool larger turbos much quicker. Listed below is a twin setup and a generic single setup. There have been instances where the 2JZ-GTE twins were modified to bolt onto the 1JZ-GTE manifold. Here is a general ideal if you want to run twins on a 1.5JZ, the head is a 1JZ so treat it as such. If you wanted to bolt a new twin setup that would fit DIRECTLY onto a 1JZ-GTE, it would fit a 1.5JZ-GTE as well BUT you will have to be careful about your oil and drain lines.

Since a setup that would bolt onto a fully stock 1JZ-GTE takes into consideration the block is a 1JZ-GTE block, you cannot assume that it would fit on a 2JZ-GTE block. The reason for this is because the 2JZ-GTE block is an 1/2" taller, so that means the 1JZ-GTE head will sit a 1/2" higher, meaning the turbo setup will sit 1/2" higher as well. The oil feed and drain on the 1JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GTE are in the same place but now you are relocating the turbo an extra 1/2" away. The solution for this is to use 2JZ-GTE stock feed and drain hardlines. The coolant lines are fine because they utilize coolant hoses to reach the water neck like the 7M does.

Stock Twin Turbo Setup
  • 1JZ Twin Turbo Manifold; Two Pieces, Three Cylinders Each
  • 1JZ-GTE Turbos With All Aluminum Piping Or Retro Fitted 2JZ Turbos By Albert
  • 2JZ-GTE Oil Feed And Drain Hardlines
  • 1JZ-GTE Coolant Flange On Turbo; Connect To Water Neck With Coolant Compatible Hose
  • 1JZ-GTE Y-Pipe
  • 1JZ-GTE Downpipe Flange To Mate To Your Exhaust
Single Turbo Setup
  • 1JZ-GTE T3 Or T4 Manifold
  • 1JZ-GTE T3 Or T4 Turbo
  • Oil Feed Line
  • Oil Drain Line
  • Oil Drain Fitting For Oil Pan 1JZ-GTE/2JZ-GTE Oil Pan Drain Flange
  • Oil Feed Fitting For Block (Block's Thread Is M12x1.25; Seals With A Crush Washer)
  • Downpipe Of Your Choice; Four Bolt Or V-Band
  • Coolant Lines (If Oil Cooled)
1.5JZ ECU Options

There are a lot of ways you can control your new 1.5JZ. You can run it off a 1JZ-GTE computer, 2JZ-GTE computer or a Standalone. Standalone is self explanatory once you decide what harness you will use. It was stated above that 1JZ-GTE computers, whether a Supra or Soarer, have issues. You can get it recapped but you have another option. Why not run a Aristo 2JZ-GTE harness and Aristo 2JZ-GTE computer. The Aristo computer is better than the USDM one as it does not used a MAF setup, instead it's a speed density setup like the 1JZ-GTE. Take a look below.

1JZ-GTE Computer
  • 1JZ Harness
  • Stock 370CC Fuel Injectors
  • No Injector Resistor Pack Needed
Aristo 2JZ-GTE Computer
  • 2JZ Aristo Harness
  • Stock 440CC Injectors (Fits In 1JZ Rail; The Tabs On The Injectors Needs To Be Trimmed)
  • USDM 550CC Injectors (Fits In 1JZ Rail; The Tabs On The Injectors Needs To Be Trimmed)
  • Injector Resistor Pack Needed ONLY For 550CC Injectors
LINKS

Here are places you can find a lot of parts need for the swap. I recommend finding a local JDM importer to see your motor and inspect it before you make your purchase. Our vendors like DriftMotion, have a lot of the parts you need but if you shop around, you can find them at lower prices as well. I HIGHLY recommend Curt at Elmhurst Toyota. He has a section over on SupraForums. He is extremely knowledgeable about Supras and is not your average Toyota parts guy who doesn't know anything older than a 2000 model year.

Build Threads
Aristo 2JZ-GTE In A MA70 Wiring Diagram: this link is down. Anyone post a new link for this info?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts