Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Really Tall White Guy
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post pictures of their vacuum line plumbing on a correctly working heater valve setup.

Right now my car is only blowing HOOOOT or ambient. I have no Air Conditioning, and I can't bear driving during the day.

When I bought it, the whole heater valve was basically not even plugged in. Right now I have it getting vacuum from the intake manifold to stay open, for heating reasons, but Now that its summer, and its almost 100 degrees at my place, I want some colder air.

Thanks guys, This will help me trouble shoot my VSV and heater valve!

·
4,627 Posts
Its the same as the 7M. Just put it all back together. I dunno i think the VSV might have went out on the Heater control valve.

·
Really Tall White Guy
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I posted in the wrong section :[

Im not ever sure how it is on a 7m and I can't find it TSRM wise, Reposting in general section

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Vacum from the intake goes to the vsv unit - The little square electrial unit at the bottom , Into the port facing towards the drivers side. There is a small hose that comes out of the bottom of the vsv unit nd plugs into the top of the bigger round cannister/valve thingy.
As it sits, you have direct vacum applied to the cannister thingy. ( this keeps the hot water flow open at all times.)

In order for the VSV to function properly - control the vacum - which in turn controls how much hot/ water to let through, it needs some electricity.
This comes off the under dash connector - the big fat square one. The dash side of it comes directly from the Climate control unit-
It is a black/yellow wire > going into the same colored wire of the corresponding plug of the harness. The vsv plug has this wire and a yellow one.
The yellow wire on the vsv plug comes from the Gauge cluster circuit - 7.5 amps
So basically it should be : Yellow from gauge cluster circuit/fusebox > vsv plug > Black /yellow > I H1 connector > climate control unit
I know your harness has multiple colors - lol - so it is PIN 1 on the IH1 plug

Also, if your climate control is set to fresh air, it will be hot.
If you set it to recirculate, no more hot air will come through with the way you have yours setup.

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,812 Posts
kyle you wuss, drive it with heat all day thats what i do, i think about the good things for the car, :angel:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts