Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 1995 Black/tan targa. I would like to stay black but am always open for something different... Does this hurt the value of the car? Not that I really care because I don't plan on selling it any time soon (ok, ever haha)... Just curious to see my options out there.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Doesnt really hurt the value, but again...how does that matter if you are keeping it? Personally I love black on the Supra...my favorite color, even more than RSP or Quicksilver (just my opinion). You could change the interior of the vehicle as well...by painting, yes painting, the carpets, etc. You can do a search, plenty of write-ups on this.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
rex03 said:
Doesnt really hurt the value, but again...how does that matter if you are keeping it? Personally I love black on the Supra...my favorite color, even more than RSP or Quicksilver (just my opinion). You could change the interior of the vehicle as well...by painting, yes painting, the carpets, etc. You can do a search, plenty of write-ups on this.
Yeah, but I don't think painting carpet is worth it when you can get a brand spanking new carpet and the new car smell for a nominal fee, most any color you want (unless you go factory Toyota and it's either black or tan)

Mmmm... Black and Tan's :yum:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
exvelocity said:
UNIQUE WHIPS, YO! they hook you up, bro! :rofl:
lol. Its an option, just learned about it myself. Im not saying I would do it, but its options, yo.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Color changes are a tough one. I would only chane the color if it was done 100% right. I would expect a good color change to cost $8k or more to do right. The firewall, engine compartment, door jambs, etc. all need to be done perfectly in order for it to look right. I've seen some color changes using a black car and they kept the underhood areas black, it can look good if everything is clean. I personally prefer the OEM colors, but I have seen some that are really well done.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Painting or dyeing the carpets? I'm not sure I'd use RSP on carpets, lol.

·
MKIII Owner and Dam proud
367 Posts
Just remember you get what you pay for. New Carpet interior looks and smeels nice. Cost more then painting.

Good paint job same I wouldn't repaint one for under 7k. I seen a couple of the black redone with a slight metalic or powder pearl added to it.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
I've never seen a replacement aftermarket carpet in person that actually fit properly? Personally I'd only go the OEM, although our OEM here is grey or grey :p

Will be removing mine and having it dyed black to suit the boot carpet at some point.

Dan.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
If you dye you carpet just make sure to spend the extra money and pick up the OEM Floor Mat from Dusty. Because the floor mats cover most of your carpet anyways. i swear you only see like 1/4 of all the carpet anyways after you put down the floor mats.

As for color change on the car, if you get it done right like everyone is saying where they paint EVERYWHERE then your good to go if you ever need to sell it. But if you do like a half-ass job where your door jams, engine bay and everywhere besides the outside is a different color then its gonna look GAY!!!

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Blk96SupraTT said:
If you dye you carpet just make sure to spend the extra money and pick up the OEM Floor Mat from Dusty. Because the floor mats cover most of your carpet anyways. i swear you only see like 1/4 of all the carpet anyways after you put down the floor mats.

As for color change on the car, if you get it done right like everyone is saying where they paint EVERYWHERE then your good to go if you ever need to sell it. But if you do like a half-ass job where your door jams, engine bay and everywhere besides the outside is a different color then its gonna look GAY!!!
Bah, RHD floor mats are discontinued, except these crappy late model Zebra pattern ones, and both the "Supra" badges have come off my floor mats.

Dan.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I have an RHD car here in the states, do you know of any good looking aftermarket floor mats for RHD's? I don't have any in my car right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts