Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a dumb A** I posted my top speed for BPU 6 speed Supra
on the MachV DSM board. Well I learned from them I can't go that fast!!!! (182)
What speeds are you guys getting-I'd like to point them this
way to show them.
Thanks,
Len 94BPU 6 speed

·
0 Posts
Another one of these post. Let them talk, Top Speed BPU can go ~210mph

2 RIP
also tell them to watch getaway in stockholm 2, where the BPU++ supra is racing around.

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Len94bpu said:
Like a dumb A** I posted my top speed for BPU 6 speed Supra
on the MachV DSM board. Well I learned from them I can't go that fast!!!! (182)
What speeds are you guys getting-I'd like to point them this
way to show them.
Thanks,
Len 94BPU 6 speed
A BPU Supra can EASILY do 182. I've hit 180 when racing Vivek and the cars were still pulling, we just decided to quit while we were still free men....

As for 210, no BPU Supra will hit 210. A BPU Supra can probably hit 190, and a strong running one maybe 195 max.

Remember, 210MPH requires 25% more horsepower than 195MPH. That's basically the increase from a BPU on pump gas to a single on pump gas....

And I haven't yet mentioned gearing, which with the stock redline is limited to 200mph in both the autos and the 6-speeds.... So the single turbo Supra would also need bigger diameter rear tires and/or a raised rev limiter to hit 210.

Andi

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
At the MKIV site there is a link to a web site called speedometer pictures. Go to it. One pic is a shot of the interior of a Supra and you can see the speedo and tach. He is doing 205mph! I think the car is listed as 550rwhp. From the view out the windshield it looks like Nevada desert and from the Nomex driving gloves you see on the drivers hands, I suspect it was taken during that Nevada Open challenge. Just don't let anyone see the 215mph Camaro pic!!
Barry H.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You menthioned Getaway in Stockholm 2, that Supra is just straight BPU and camgears, NOTHING else just a bit bigger tires 285/35/18...if the speedo reads on the back it will be even more impressive because the tires are about 3% bigger....

And the speedo is past 310Km/h.....(193mph).....amazing :D

so If the speedo reads on the back it would be 320km/h with stock size tires.....and that´s pretty fast..isn't it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts