Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess this is more directed for the people who get snow and store there car(s). what are your plans? or is it a secret?
i got nice plans....
SP67 with a .68 a/r, custom exhaust mani, custom MKIV style intake mani, big FMIC, 3.5" exhaust and DP with dump pipe for external wastegate, bigger radiator, JE pistons, crower rods, re-balanced crank and blueprinted (crank seems a little off some vibration)

and some other mods....also its getting repainted this winter, either the red it used to be, or white like it is now just professional, black, or a dark saphire blue..

so what are your plans?

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
my plan is to hopefully get the car running by christmas.... :(

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i've got some dunlop graspic's just waiting to be put on so i can (hopefully) stay on the road all winter. sucks not having a beater car and living in northern ohio :)

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
viperlocc said:
whats wrong with it?
lets see, make a long story short, BHG - > change timing belt > lower crank pulley bolt shears off during removal > 4 shops later > bolt still there > now i need a new motor > no money, there ya go :( so anyone know a cheap place for reliable JDM's ? aight peace

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BoostAddctn said:
lets see, make a long story short, BHG - > change timing belt > lower crank pulley bolt shears off during removal > 4 shops later > bolt still there > now i need a new motor > no money, there ya go :( so anyone know a cheap place for reliable JDM's ? aight peace
http://www.nippon-motors.com/toyota.htm
you can start there :)

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,259 Posts
Get a new turbo hosing, fix up any issues that can give me reliablity issues... Clean up and pretty the engine bay as best as I can....

Already have the intercooler comming and a few other things..

oops? I should have got them earlier in the summer :(

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
Seal up the hatch before it starts leaking water into the rear tire hatch again.

·
SP-61GT powered
289 Posts
Nothing too fancy for me:

Lexus V8 Air Flow Meter *DONE*

APEXI S-AFC *DONE*

Lucas 550cc Low Impedance Injectors

Walbro 255 High-Flow Fuel Pump

SPEC Stage II Clutch

Profec-B Boost Controller

Spearco Intercooler

PWR Radiator

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
car running before 2nd semester.

during my month of christmas break i'm gonna pull my engine, clean everything, make it all shiny, redo my oil return, put in my new clutch, plop the engine back in, and drive...

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,129 Posts
Actually... I just found out my father is building me a car port... so, It looks like I'm driving my corolla this winter, and parking the Supra..

Start her up every 2 weeks or so, and drive for about 30 minutes, and park her again.

So; nothing too much. That fuel pump should go in next, with the 550cc injectors... then I'm going to prepare my brain for the e01... so prepare for questions. :)

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
i don't know if i should start to seriously mod up my supra considering i got a new kick ass paying job, or buy myself a yamaha R6. Either way i'll be doing a custom or purchasing a full 3" exhaust, mandrel bent IC hardpipes, HKS BOV.

G

·
I always park mine for the winter and drive my beater 86 4Runner "BushBuddy"! And she needs some luv'n too before long!

My plans otherwise is to foucus my buget on the body, trim and paint by leaving her over the winter with my local body shop. I'll catch a price break by giving them the time to do her at their leisure when things are slow for them... As Long As I have her back before early to mid April depending on the weather.

Come April I'll be looking to get the 3"DP\Catback as well as Eibach Springs & and shocks(yet to be determined)

I'm fighting with myself about keeping TEMS or not.

·
Registered
449 Posts
yeeuuup.....BHG here....gonna fix that....pain the rest of my car.. engine bay flat black and finish painting my jambs. Lower....and purchase my electronics. (boost,afc,gauges, etc) And as that MAFT gets developed i'm gona look into buyin that instead of the afc......dats bout it for me....for right now....this spring i plan to do some more when tax money comes....
as stated before.......me poor

1 - 20 of 71 Posts