Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, If you're looking to help keep some heat away from your brake calipers/fluid? I found a company overseas that makes titanium brake pad shims for our OEM TT Calipers. For info and pricing, Contact Nazarov by email at

[email protected]

And or Yperion Titanium on facebook or Ig. Awesome guy to deal with and offers many other high quality parts.

Attachments

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,388 Posts
Is titanium better than aluminum for this purpose? And are they any easier to clean than the stock aluminum ones?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just did a quick search on Google and found

"titanium alloy provide excellent resistance to corrosion and the best resistance to heat transfer, several times better than stainless steel, 6 times better than regular steel, and 30 times better than aluminum."

As for cleaning I'm not to sure yet.

Is titanium better than aluminum for this purpose? And are they any easier to clean than the stock aluminum ones?

·
7M Fanatic
3,252 Posts
Made my own...
Bought some .024" titanium sheet off eBay.
Clamped a couple of old pads on each side of it.
Run a band saw blade around the pads, use a belt sander around the sandwich to make the edge nice. then drilled the holes.
I think the titanium sheet (drops from some aerospace manufacturer) only cost me like $25 for 4) 3"x 16" strips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts