Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two or three times a year this consultant comes around the offices where I work and brags to the ladies about how much money he has, his big house and his fast vette. A little over a year ago I showed him just how fast his ZO6 was when I waxed him twice in front of his buddies. I think his car was mostly stock at that time except for a 150 shot of NOS.

He showed up again this week giving everyone Xmas presents, fruit baskets and bragging as usual. He finally made it to my office and of course I had my door closed because I didn't want to hear his bs. When I finally came out the Richard was still in the office and came over to me and said, We were just talking about you and that little rice rocket that you own. I understand that you haven't been racing much lately because your profits are down and money is tight. I told him that I don't have time for much racing when working a 100 plus hours a week and business is continuing to pick up and besides my car is not running well at the moment. He said, I knew you were going to say that because your afraid to race me again. I said, What kind of professional are you? coming into our offices talking about racing. He said, the only reason you beat me last time is because I had my traction control on and I missed a gear. He continued, saying that he had a borla free flow exhaust system, computer upgrade, high flow intake and a few other mods done that gave him over 500 hp. He continued talking shit and I finally gave in and said lets go. I went home put in some race gas and changed the NOS pills in THE RED BARON and we headed to 65. There is long stretch of highway right before you get to the woodson exit. We pulled over to the side of road while our spotter stayed behind letting us know when things were clear. We lined up at a dead stop and was ready to go on the third honk. I honked once and this "knucklehead" took off on me just like he did last time. I went after him but couldn't gain any ground until I got into third gear and finally caught and passed him in forth shifting to fifth. I happily looked in the rear view mirror at my victim and it appeared there was a white car in the distance that could possibly have lights attached to it. For some reason I didn't feel the need to slow down or pull over to talk with my new best friend in the vette about our race. The vette slowed but I continued at a slightly higher than normal rate of speed just to see how that would effect my fuel economy. When I finally made an exit I felt it would be good to take the scenic route back to little rock and get in touch with nature. I still can't explain why my palms were so sweaty during my scenic trip. Well, it's Saturday evening now and I still haven't heard from my new best friend in the vette. I wonder where could he be?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can you give us some details about THE RED BARON?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, no video of this kill.

1995 red 6sp Supra
TRD Clutch
HKS Type S intercooler
full exhaust
Gforce ECU
Cam gears
pulleys
24+psi boost on stock twins
XXX shot of nitrous
Eibach Pro-Kit
559RWHP, 620RWTQ

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
you done any fuel upgrades?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THEREDBARON said:

24+psi boost on stock twins

559RWHP, 620RWTQ
:weed: Stock twins stop gaining any flow at 19psi with race gas, running them at 24psi will result in a blown motor VERY fast, now running a NOS shot on top of that, well thats where the BS flag goes up!

:fruit:

If your really running this setup, you have the strongest 2jz there ever was.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I run my setup at 22psi with 100 shot of nos pushes it to 24.

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
in a way i believe he runs that high of boost but im still wondering how he has the fuel to support it

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, fact is its pointless to run anything past 19psi on stock twins because all your doing is putting more load and not getting any more flow in return. He said 24+ PSI, meaning even more than 24 possibly, wtf? Highest i have ever heard of was 22-24 range, and 2 out of 4 people had blown turbos and motors within a 4 weeks of running this daily. Now a 100 shot on top of that? Doesnt seem like he has fuel (pointless to do fuel without a single IMO), and stock fuel tops out at 550RWHP, so all of this doesnt add up.

Maybe the numbers are inflated a bit? I am not calling BS on your kill, just BS on the numbers. Baybe its more like 16psi with a 100 shot and stock fuel? That would max it out.

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Guys, Red Baron is telling the truth. He's a good friend of mine and I know his car pretty well. No fuel system on the car, but it is set up exactly as he said and produces the numbers that he says. He runs a mix of 93 and c16 at all times. There are gains to be had going up from 19 to 22 psi. Take a look here at Andi's 19psi graph, and here at his 22 psi graph. He picked up 15 or so rwhp and over 50 rwtq. Not bad for just 3 pounds of boost! I myself used to run 22 psi on the stockers as well as people like Chris Bergemann (26 psi) and Andi B (22 psi), making over 470 rwhp. Throw the Nitrous on top of that, and there is what the Red Baron is making. Sure, the peashooters aren't loving it and it's probably shortening their lifespan, but he's been running this way for years and still going strong!

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
maybe the colder air from the nitrous allows you to gain hp at those boost levels from the small pea shooters??

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
nice kill man, good work taking down the ZO6

-Brettt

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
nice kill :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts