Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been to a trackday on a small, curved track with a nice long straight. I'm BPU j-spec (US/EU brakes, TRD discs) with Pilot Sport 2 tires and a nicely setup suspension.

Very suprised that a 18 year old car could keep a Z06 with Cup tires behind. He of cause caught greatly up on the straight but had nothing on me on the twisties.. According to him self, he gave it all he could and was sure i was running some crazy track setup. But no.. ;)
The Elises didn't push that hard but a Caterham also on track tires did all he could and was only able to match and maybe gain a bit on the old girl. This guy even had quite a bit of trackday experience.

M5 (E39) was eaten up on the straigh, twice :D

- I'm really suprised as I don't have that much trackday experience. Only from a couple of hundred kilometers on the Nürbrugring going 80% max (alway scared there), so not really any full on experience.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My suspension mods? Revalved Bilsteins and customer springs. Setup by Chris Wilson, one of the leading suspension tuners in UK on the jap scene.
No idea of Z06 year. Newly registred car though. So potentially newest model. Here is a pic:

·
MKIV Fanatic
457 Posts
Wow that looks fookin' fun!! Good job, and yes, the soop can keep it's chin up even in front of "modern day" vehicles :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome but the vette deff is a beast on road track brobably a driver issue. You deff have some skill at the wheel
Thinking the same thing. I found more joy in taking out the elises and some track build (stripped down, cage, track tyres) bmw's as I'm used to getting killed by golfs and small hatces with cages on the nürburgring driven by local maniacs..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts