Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hate to see what that CRX can do on 25psi:eek: Actually, can't wait to see how long it lasts at 25psi:p Good kill.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not a fan of gutted street cars but...gotta give it props for hanging with the Z06.

F

·
0 Posts
What motor/turbo set up is that CRX running???

I've got a little gutted hatch running a b18c1 (gsr motor), and at 14psi with my turbo and my 9:1 JEs, I could make 330-350whp.. The car also weighs 2100 lbs:D But I'll be the first to admit its a piece of shit tin can with a decent motor:lol:

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,492 Posts
gutted car. ...:rolleyes: What was with the 3 honks..I only heard 2...also what mph did you run from?
I'm sure this will be said, but I'll say it anyhow. Its still a little shit box honda. At least its turboed. (and has a PAINTED body kit too!)

F

·
0 Posts
REG-UL8 said:
gutted car. ...:rolleyes: What was with the 3 honks..I only heard 2...also what mph did you run from?
I'm sure this will be said, but I'll say it anyhow. Its still a little shit box honda. At least its turboed. (and has a PAINTED body kit too!)
Was anyone saying it was anything great or better than or equal to a z06? Somebody has an inferiority complex:1poke: :lol:

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
What the hell is wrong with gutted cars?

·
Registered
191 Posts
They look like a toaster on wheels?

1 slice or two :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
You gotta give props to a 4 banger that can hang with a z06.
The difference between people who gut their cars and those who don't is some people only care about hardcore performance, spared no expense. Gutted or not, it's quick.

·
Registered
191 Posts
To each their own. I prefer something that women aren't totally embarrased to ride in. :eek:

I can see my girl opening the door to get in and saying...what the hell is wrong with your car! There's metal everywhere, Mike.

I gutted it baby...Shaved another .1 off that timeslip! :p Here, let me get you a bucket to sit on. lol

·
Money Talks...
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TurboMikeTSi said:
To each their own. I prefer something that women aren't totally embarrased to ride in. :eek:

I can see my girl opening the door to get in and saying...what the hell is wrong with your car! There's metal everywhere, Mike.

I gutted it baby...Shaved another .1 off that timeslip! :p Here, let me get you a bucket to sit on. lol
He doesn't have to worry about pickin chics up..He only has one seat. :p

Here is list of mods on the CRX..and it weights around 2,000lbs.

Venom Intake manifold
JG Edlebrock Pro Series head (ported w/1mm oversized valves)
JE Forged 9.0:1 pistons
Crower H-beam rods
Lightened and knife-edged crankshaft
Drag 3 Turbo Manifold
3" downpipe and exhaust w/ cutout
LARGE custom intercooler
Tial 40mm wastgate w/ external dump
Turbo XS RFL BOV
Clutchmasters stage 5 clutch
Lightened flywheel
Race axles, billet hubs, and extended wheel studs
Aeromotive 1000 HP fuel pump
Aeromotive FPR
8 Gallon Fuel cell
STR fuel rail
660 cc/min secondary injectors w Rebic III AIC
MSD 7AL
MSD Pro Power HVC Coil
MSD 2 step
10.3 mm Taylor plug wires
Civic HX wheels (street)
13" BOGART wheels w/ MT 24x8.5x13 slicks
Skunk 2 coilovers
Tokico Illumina shocks (5 way adjustable)
B&M short throw shifter
Phantom Grip LSD conversion
Zdyne ECU
Crane custom cam
Motor Built by Danny Benson
Turbo by Innovative Turbo Systems, T3/T04 dual caramic ball bearing, 50 trim, with .63 A/R, stage 5 compressor wheel

·
Registered
61 Posts
What block are you running? From the small snipit from the motor it looked like a "d" series block?
Nice run can not wait to see it all crancked up on boost!

·
Money Talks...
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KENLUDE97 said:
What block are you running? From the small snipit from the motor it looked like a "d" series block?
Nice run can not wait to see it all crancked up on boost!
I'm not sure what kind of motor it is. I don't know shit about Hondas.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
TurboMikeTSi said:

LOL :fruit: I do have to agree! Screw rolling around with no interior! But that is one nasty setup!:D

·
Money Talks...
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
vlaar said:
I hate to see what that CRX can do on 25psi:eek: Actually, can't wait to see how long it lasts at 25psi:p Good kill.
Really the car is setup to run 25psi and a 100shot. So 25psi shouldn't be too bad. :D

·
Money Talks...
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bad94sup said:
LOL :fruit: I do have to agree! Screw rolling around with no interior! But that is one nasty setup!:D
I like your car...Completely stock looking and hauls major ass. :cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of motor it is. I don't know shit about Hondas.
Well the D series motors are more the type that you would see in your moms civic... And the B series are the motors that you see in the boy racers motors... The Civic Si, gsr, Type R.
Crane custom cam
Must be a SOHC motor

The DOCH VTEC motors have much more potential. And with that type of build up i would bet that a B motor would be able to pull that z06. It should be putting out arround 300+whp.

·
Money Talks...
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
KENLUDE97 said:
Well the D series motors are more the type that you would see in your moms civic... And the B series are the motors that you see in the boy racers motors... The Civic Si, gsr, Type R.
Must be a SOHC motor

The DOCH VTEC motors have much more potential. And with that type of build up i would bet that a B motor would be able to pull that z06. It should be putting out arround 300+whp.
Now that you say something I believe it is a D motor. I remember one night we were all sitting around and one of my friends said something about it being one of the weaker Honda motors or some shit like that. Last time he dynoed it it made 293fwhp on 12psi.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts