Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you please help me, my ZT-2 stopped working today.

I have the ZT2 with display and egt sensor.

I installed the wideband a week ago and it worked flawlessy. I didnt mount it inside the glove compartment yet because I wanted to get my COM port -> USB adapter first and test it first. It worked fine when I tested it finally today.

Then I was going to mount the wideband to its final position and install all the interior bits in place. It was a bit cramped behind the glove compartment but I managed to install everything. Then I turn the key to ignition and wait that the display tells me that the sensor has warmed and I start the car. Then I notice that not any of the values on the display change but they keep like this and wont change at all.

Lambda: 1.53
AFR: 22.5
Boost: -00.7
EGT: 000

I have tried the following
Unhooked all the wires and put them back.
Tried to log with the Laptop but no graphs will show
Tried to use with and without the Y-cross cable for the display/laptop
Unhook battery ground

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Krister said:
Can you please help me, my ZT-2 stopped working today.

I have the ZT2 with display and egt sensor.

I installed the wideband a week ago and it worked flawlessy. I didnt mount it inside the glove compartment yet because I wanted to get my COM port -> USB adapter first and test it first. It worked fine when I tested it finally today.

Then I was going to mount the wideband to its final position and install all the interior bits in place. It was a bit cramped behind the glove compartment but I managed to install everything. Then I turn the key to ignition and wait that the display tells me that the sensor has warmed and I start the car. Then I notice that not any of the values on the display change but they keep like this and wont change at all.

Lambda: 1.53
AFR: 22.5
Boost: -00.7
EGT: 000

I have tried the following
Unhooked all the wires and put them back.
Tried to log with the Laptop but no graphs will show
Tried to use with and without the Y-cross cable for the display/laptop
Unhook battery ground

Thanks for any advice!
Reboot your laptop :

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
ooh, you may have to run that one by Zeitronix - [email protected]
He's real good about answering email.

You say it did work, now the display unit doesn't change.
Do you get any data to your laptop/pda, which ever you're using to log with?
(edit: never mind you already answered that ^ one.)
Did you recheck the o2 connection?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine did (about) the same thing.
After a few times swiching the ingition on/off it would work again.
The problem was always when the car had sat for a while(engine cold)
I tried the same things you did(wiring etc), didn't help
Zbignieuw offered to repair&upgrade it.
But since it always started working after a few tries i didn't send it and now as i'm driving the car more the problem is gone.
Only thing i can think of what might have helped is de-/mounting the o2 sensor, not sure though.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mmarkk said:
Mine did (about) the same thing.
After a few times swiching the ingition on/off it would work again.
The problem was always when the car had sat for a while(engine cold)
I tried the same things you did(wiring etc), didn't help
Zbignieuw offered to repair&upgrade it.
But since it always started working after a few tries i didn't send it and now as i'm driving the car more the problem is gone.
Only thing i can think of what might have helped is de-/mounting the o2 sensor, not sure though.
I e-mailed Bob directly. Hope he has some kind of advice how to fix it.

I also unplugged the o2 sensor and plugged it back in but it didnt help. But what is strange, also the egt is at 000. Before if the engine was cold, it was at 200 regardless.

·
Registered
942 Posts
push the little yellow button on the display, i bet you just have it displaying the peak right now. You never know, sometimes its the simple stuff we look over.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Fixed the problem. One of the pins on the ZT-2 box was squeezed so that it couldnt get any contact. It was because I had damaged the display connector a tad when I was installing the wire through the middle console and one of it's "slot" where the Zt-2 box's pins slide in to was crushed a bit. Fixed them and it started working :)

BTW: Zeitronix has an excellent customer service. They reply literally in minutes. Great advices aswell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts