Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Boost-a-holic
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

I bought one of these (full kit) from 935 Motorsports several months ago. Because of lack of time and motivation, I haven't gotten around to installing it. Now I'm figuring that it's time for me to get off my ass and start getting the 7M car ready for Vegas within the next couple of months. Not to mention that the car's been running rich...need to get it tuned up - not just for the dyno, but also for the smog test in October.

The instructions (which are not incredibly intuitive) recommend that the sensor be in the downpipe, at least 16" behind the turbo....they also say that it needs to be mounted so that the sensor points upward, somewhere between the 10:00 and 2:00 positions.

Now...my downpipe runs nearly completely vertical from the elbow to just before the cat. There is NO WAY that I could mount it in the DP and have it point upward. My current oxygen sensor is, of course, in the elbow just behind the turbo. How much of a problem would it be if I used the stock location for the wideband?

Also, I got the EGT, boost-sensor and display with it. It didn't come with any tubing for the boost sensor. Can I simply buy some and "T" into my current boost-gauge line?

Any other "gotchas" that I need to know about?

TIA - Bob

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
i donno about the positioning,,,but for the vacumm line , you could T it off,,,however a good friend told me that it's smarter if you find another source on the intake manifold and use that,,,so then you could compare your reading on the boost gauge and the w/b

p.s. id realllllllly like to know about the positioning of the sensor b/c i plan to get the same kit

G

·
Bob I plan on using my stock sensor, Big Rob in SD says this works fine. I am like you with my ZT2 gathering dust, and need to install, along with SAFC2.

Dominic

search mk3 section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts