Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking on this some more can't we use A zener diode like all the Dodge guys use to by pass boost cut (basically limit the ecu to seeing 14 PSI (then adding fuel via what ever other means)

And if the RPM sensor is 0-5 voltes or just volts at all we could use a zener diode to clamp that so the ecu only sees 7250 while in reality we are at 8000.. Only side effect is what ever fuel you where getting at 7250 you'd be getting at 8000 and there would be NO rev cut at all.

Finally for speed cut, that has to be a voltage using a zener diode would just solve that as well so the ecu never thinks we are going pass 180 KPH.

G

·
sounds interesting do you have a link explaining this diode? im not to electrical savvy,I know a good bit but im no electrician

·
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well basically it caps the voltage and so if you have a 5V Rev cut it keeps the voltage at 4.9V until you go under 4.9 V

just search on google you'll see abou tit.

G

·
thanks.What are some more of the draw backs for the RPM diode idea.You said the fuel would stay the same for the redline settings all the way past 7250.Could this be adjusted with a s-afc to get the a/fs were you want them?

·
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, also you'd have NO rev limit.
Timing would stay at it's last point.

Basically it's like going over the STOCK fuel cut on the 7m after you go pass that the ecut gives what it knew and you take over form there with piggy backs.

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
hmmm im interested in this now too:) keep us updated!!!! and if it works, pix and and install would be nice;)

chris

·
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have Lennys Sard ecu comming so it's no use to me. cus I dont have FCO or Speed cut or rev limit anymore :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
the ecu determines speed with teh crank pos sensor... it is a variable reluctance sensor. it puts out an AC signal where the zero crossing marks a specific crank position... clamping it won't limit it's looking for zero crossings

and keep in mnind rpm matters for spark timing as well

speed sensor is probably similar, at least in that it is measured by frequency

shiva

1 - 11 of 11 Posts