Supra Forums banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Very Senior Member
9,919 Posts
Someone tried to auction off a Supra on Bring a Trailer and it failed to meet the reservation, even though the top bid was $56,700...yikes.

And the seller was a dealer that bought the car at auction after it failed to sell at the first dealer. Thought he would get more than MSRP! SMH.
Anyway, I hope the dealer learned a lesson - and I hope that BAT learned not to try and be autotrader.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think i fit the target audience for the MKV. Young professionals who were part of the F&F generation whom are into imports.
Had the car come with a Toyota drivetrain/chassis with a limited release I would've happily paid the 60/70/80/90k. I would've also been ok with sitting on a waiting list for a year+

Like someone earlier said, "build it and they will come"
They really screwed up with MKV. I know many people who fit the criteria of their target audience and none are considering the Zupra.
Instead we're buying GTRs or (like me) MKIVs

·
supra7
493 Posts
We already have a used one that got traded in already. Funny to see it already on a used car lot and that the orginal owner didn't care for it. I work for herrin-gear Lexus here in Mississippi

·
Registered
44 Posts
We already have a used one that got traded in already. Funny to see it already on a used car lot and that the orginal owner didn't care for it. I work for herrin-gear Lexus here in Mississippi
wonder how much they gave him for it. My guess is sold it with 10-20% markup, bought back for %70 msrp

·
supra7
493 Posts
I think they wanting 60k+ for it to used. I laughed like hell. Wanting that much over new list price for a used bmw. To me its now only worth 35-40k in used condition

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
My thought on all of this. If Toyota thought it was too risky to make the car in house and was not going to make that much with low sales figures because negative reception of a BMW partner ship then WHY even bother with this. Common sense should have told them this is not a smart move. There was much more risk then gains. They gambled and lost. It's not like they were going to make Toyota Camry/Prius profits with this and now they have to lose face. Sure maybe they were trying to do their customers a favor by having something sporty but to me they should have left it alone until they knew they could do it the right way and secure their legacy. I really don't think any successful halo car should be having these types of conversations about it. Look at the C8 its more excitement vs having a bunch of angry fans and then fans that have to defend it lol.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts