Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Running Nitrous on top of na-t

How difficult is it to run nitrous on top of na-t? Say I have a 350rwhp that's perfectly tuned, and I wanted to add an additional 50shots of wet nitrous. I know some of you may recommend upgrading the turbo, or even just upping the boost. Those are good ideas to consider about, but say I will be running nitrous for sure. Would I have to have map settings on the safc unit? One to accommodate just 350rwhp, and another to accommodates the additional 50 shots? Or is it as simple as adding 50 shots of wet nitrous to a stock ge engine without any tuning.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
You just add the 50 shot and it *should* be tuned. That said, I'd still check to make sure the a/f ratio is safe. Most nitrous kits are jetted pretty conservatively (rich).

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, here I've made of my mind of running ni-t (nitrous-turbo). Here's the deal, I don't plan on shooting any higher than a 50 jet just to stay safe. Besides, I only want the nitrous to mainly eleminate the lag, plus at the same time it'll produce an extra 50hp crank. So why not? In any case, I'm looking for a nitrous kit right now, and plan on spraying a 50 wet shot without the na-t setup. I've never ran nitrous before, so I'm gonna get use to it. I'll play around like this first, and then install my na-t later on. I have all the na-t parts already, but need a vacation to put it on. So help me choose a nitrous kit. I'm seriously looking into a ZEX kit, but the price is so high. Just the basic kit costs 5 bills, and I'll have to spend another $250 on the bottle warmer, gauge, and remote bottle opener. That's crazy. I'm also looking at the NOS nitrous kit, as the price is a tad bit cheaper. What I don't understand is why NOS or NX does not use the fuel active control unit (purple box) like ZEX does. I mean, this unit seems very useful the way ZEX explains it. It can determine how much fuel to inject base on pressure and temperature. I mean, is this ZEX AFC really all the big of a deal? Do I really need it? NOS and NX uses solenoids, and I've heard all about the bad things that can happen to solenoids. You know, the solenoids can get stuck open, and there goes my motor. Does ZEX use solenoids into that little active fuel control purple box? Help me decide on this.

·
---
2,768 Posts
I'd go with Zex just for the sheer fact NOS is well, NOS.... fast and the furious ruined whatever respect I had for Holly. That and Zex has cooler looking bottles IMO. Have you looked into NX? Seems to be the favorite around here.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd go with Zex just for the sheer fact NOS is well, NOS.... fast and the furious ruined whatever respect I had for Holly. That and Zex has cooler looking bottles IMO. Have you looked into NX? Seems to be the favorite around here.
Well, I don't care about the looks. I just want to find out the difference between ZEX and NOS, or NX, and what's safer? Again why doesn't NOS or NX utilize a similar purple box like ZEX to control the amount of nitrous injected based on pressure and temperature.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
no one kit is better than the other..

i have the cold fusion nitrous kit..it is a wet kit.. included are 2(50hp jets) for a total of 100shot, lines and the bottle which is almost full..

:hay: What exactly do you have? Can you be more specific as to what's included, is it a wet or dry kit, ???

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no one kit is better than the other..

i have the cold fusion nitrous kit..it is a wet kit.. included are 2(50hp jets) for a total of 100shot, lines and the bottle which is almost full..

Cold fusion.. There's like all these different brands out there now-a-days that's trying to compete with nos, zex, nx. The price is low alright, but I don't know if I can trust these different companies. The kits are similar I know, but I'm worried that the solenoids might go bad.. Does your cold fusion come with bottle warmer and gauge?

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
no bottle warmer or gauge.. i believe cold fusion has been around before nos and zex,... they are more popular with the domestic crowd running serious nitrous shots like 300 and above so i doubt the solenoids will be going bad especially on such a mild application..

Cold fusion.. There's like all these different brands out there now-a-days that's trying to compete with nos, zex, nx. The price is low alright, but I don't know if I can trust these different companies. The kits are similar I know, but I'm worried that the solenoids might go bad.. Does your cold fusion come with bottle warmer and gauge?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey johnyboi... are you still running the stock injectors??
Yeah, still got them 330cc's on. I'm gonna stick with them for another while before I replace them with 460cc's. I'm gonna run a 50-75 shot for a while first with stock injectors. After I get the turbo on with nitrous, I will then replace them, unless I want to make a bomb. I should be going na-t in September.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
they all do the same thing, spray a jetted amount of nitrous into your intake.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts