Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all those who has the ZT2 and has installed it. I have the basic bundle and was wondering about the power and ground wires. Should you hook them up to the ECU wiring or find alternate power and ground. The reason for the question is that I pulled the ECU wiring out and to hook it up to the ECU wiring would be A LOT easier if there is no ill effect in doing so.

Thanks in advance to all who would give their input.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help. I have it hooked up and everything seems ok. The TPS, RPM is moving rapidly but not the AFR. My tranny died yesturday so I can only sit, idle and floors it a bit. The A/R move very slighty if I floor it ie. Solid 14.4's then it might go to 14.2 if I aggressivly push the gas. Do I have to drive the car under load for it to move. I let it warm up and still doesn't move much. Is this normal?

Again any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Bobby,

Glad to see you have it installed.

You should be running richer than that on a cold start, between 12 and 13, or at least I do.

When I say cold I mean like in the morning after it sat all night.

I will see what my car does in your situation on Thurs. and let you know.

Dan

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks you for the replies. I was wondering how come my A/R are NOT moving around like my RPMS. It is just steady 14.4. For example not steadly moving around like 14.4,14.3,14.5,14.2 within couple of seconds like tht RPM. Is it supposed to do this or is there something wrong?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
the main thing you to look for is at partial boost ranges cause that will tell you if you need corrections. at cruise and idle I range from 14.2 to 14.9 and wot under boost 10.2 to 10.5.

are you going to use an safc when you tune?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cnewingham said:
the main thing you to look for is at partial boost ranges cause that will tell you if you need corrections. at cruise and idle I range from 14.2 to 14.9 and wot under boost 10.2 to 10.5.

are you going to use an safc when you tune?

For now will will use my Aeromotive AFPR to do a base line and if need be get a AFC for fine tuning..

I am very greatlyful for the responses and I have recieved the answer I am looking for. I guess my wide band is operating proberly and I can close up my glove box compartment.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,253 Posts
Fixed by yours truly (another bites the dust)

Bad Cat5 cable.. The brown wire that hooks up to the sensor in the rj45 cable was bad....

Replaced with mine and now fixing the wire. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts