Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
il faut voir pour savoir
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I sold my first bike (a '00 500R) in April, I've been itching to find another bike.

I really, really like the looks of the newer ZX-6R's - the single exhaust, headlights, etc.

I looked on here and didn't see anyone talking about them. Wondering if anyone has one or has had one, and what the deal is. And a good price to find one for? I really like this bike.

Thanks--
Ryan

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
I have a ZX-6RR...an '04, and it's bland compared to the '05-'06s. Totally different bikes. The '07s are even better. I test rode one and the completely new engine kicks some ass. It sounds sick, too. I like Ninjas more than the other brands. I'm not biased, but I just like them more and that's why I keep on the Ninja line. :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Right here!! Very athletic bike. Much more nervous than the 500r you are coming off of.
I enjoy riding mine but it is an extreme seating postion (not as bad as r6) and its a ery RPM based motor (no torque).

Just realize that this bike is going to respond instantly and agressively to any inputs you give it. Id get an hour or two in a parking lot before i got right out in traffic.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I loved the responsiveness of the ZX6-R owned a 00 and rode friends 05 on occasion. Great bike all around, to me much nicer than R6 and quite different than GSXR.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Its a great bike! You should definitely pick one up! Especially if its a 636.

·
Hawtness
1,598 Posts
i have a 06 636. its the instruments look to simple and bland compared to the R6 and gsx-r... it rides awsome tho and very responsive!

i believe it was 2006 600 bike of the year.
exactly, the 636 won for a reason, if your not looking for a lot of tricks and gagets you will absolutely love the bike. However the Gsx-r is almost best of both worlds however in the twisties and straights the 636 wins!

·
Nothing
1,491 Posts
I'd take the 07 ZX-6R over the 05/06 636. Better bike and better looks.

If you're looking to save a penny, the 03/04 636 in orange is my favorite Kawi.

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
the new 636 is bad ass!!!!

winds out like a motherfuker!

and yes it does sound mean!

friend of mine has one, and bringing it over for the weekend so i can change the graphics on it!

woohoo, giving me the keys then leaving!

hahaha wish me luck!

but yeah its nothing like that 500

buy it!

if i sold mine i would probably get that bike!

but then again another buddy has the zx10r and that is something!

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
Would probably look 03/04, thanks guys!! Wow that orange is beautiful, but I love the blue I posted (my 500R was almost the same color) - don't wanna turn EVERY head I drive by, LOL!!

stay away from the 03/04 .. the 05's have better ergonomics.. the 03/04's have a more aggressive riding position

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
kawi green is the best!
i always thought kawis looked wierd w/ organge, blue, etc.
but its growing on me, but still prefer the green!

^ nice bike!

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,111 Posts
IMO, you can't go wrong with any 6R. They just get faster and handle better as the years go by.

3 of my buddys have them.

Randy, (#538) '05 ZX6RR

Freddi, '07 6R (# 922), sorry for the small pics

and April, Freddi's wife: 2001 ZX6R

as you can see, me and my riding friends are big kawi fans, lol. but really, anything moderately new 90+ in good tune and good shape is great for the track. if thats your kind of thing. Almost any bike is good and fast enough.

-Mark

1 - 20 of 23 Posts